Respected Contributor

My DD ordered her dog food online, as she usually does but this time it came with some extra ingredients.....ANTS !!   Unfortunately, they invaded her kitchen.  Can you please tell me - so I can tell her - what you would recommend to kill the ants that is pet safe?  Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

Raid

Trusted Contributor

cinnamon

Honored Contributor

Re: Pet safe insect killer

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda   This one has good reviews

INGREDIENTS. Active: 4.2% cedarwood oil, 2.2% sodium lauryl sulfate, 1.5% lemongrass oil, 0.1% sesame oil. Inert: 92% (water, polyglyceryl oleate, glycerin, sodium chloride, ethyl lactate, sodium citrate, citric acid, vitamin E). Total: 100.0%.

Valued Contributor

Re: Pet safe insect killer

[ Edited ]

Hot Shot makes a botanical insect killer for use in food preparation areas such as a kitchen.  I have been using it as needed for years and am still alive.  I would assume it is safe around pets. @sarahpanda 

Esteemed Contributor

@Deb0509 wrote:

Raid

I wouldn't use this around my family, let alone my pets.  I hope you don't either.  Read the can.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Deb0509 wrote:

Raid

I wouldn't use this around my family, let alone my pets.  I hope you don't either.  Read the can.

@tends2dogs... I know    Raid makes a new botanical formula that is supposly safe around people and pets.. BUT the reviews are not good on it. 

The original RAID is just toxic deadly stuff that kills not only ants but the entire environment.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I bought the botanical one.  It did kill ants.....slowly, but it smelled quite bad.  

I prefer diatamatious earth and my Wondercide.  We spray Willie with that before each outing.  So far, so good.  

RoundUp has got to be the winner for infiltrating and poisoning every food product.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I just saw a commercial for this...

Screenshot_20200826-120939_Google.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

@sarahpanda  We discovered Cedarcide many years ago. It is an all natural insect killer.  When you spray it on an insect, it dies instantly.  They have many scents but we buy the one that smells like a cedar tree.  We also use this on our dog (it is completely safe for pets which is why we bought it) weekly and we have never seen one single flea on her since we adopted her at 3 months. She turned 4 years old last week. I highly recommend this natural, chemical free, safe around kids and pets, insect killer.  Cedarcide.com.