Honored Contributor

@nougat wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

My snoozy girl just a few months after arrival from the shelter.  She was with me for eight special years.

2011 June 158 (3).JPG

shes adorable and oh so lucky ! I only get shelter pets too !

Thank you, @nougat

She passed away a couple of months ago.  Interestingly, her vets also did not test her for Cushing's even though I told them about her symptoms multiple times.  I just don't know what is going on with vets these days.  I changed vets twice.  Finally got the diagnosis but it was too late.  I thought we had another six months, maybe a year, even though she was 16.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Nope, not in my house.  Our dogs and cats were never allowed on the beds or on the furniture.  They had their own beds, my cat had his own chair in the livingroom.  It was funny, I always had to stop company from sititng in that particular chair.  Yes, because I didn't want them to get fur all over their clothes but mostly because the cat would get roaring mad...lol

Super Contributor

@GingerPeach

oh that is so sad, she looks so dear! What kind dog is she? 

Do you remember how long she had the symptoms before she went to the Bridge .

i hate to ask and bring up bad memories, she really was a lucky doggie  Heart

Honored Contributor

Hi @nougat

I can't recall exactly how long she had symptoms.  At first, you want to believe the vets over your own suspicions.  You may know the feeling.  Then finally you need to trust your own eyes and your own knowledge.

I don't think that is what she died of.  She also had heart issues.   (She died in my arms unexpectedly one evening.)  I take comfort in the fact that up to that evening, she had an absolutely lovely day.

Plenty of treats, all the sunshine she wanted, and more.  

She was a spaniel mix, about 11 pounds.  

All dogs are special but some are more connected or special than others.  She was one of those Heart dogs.

I want to wish you all the best with getting your dog medication and good care for Cushing's and I think you should be OK for some time to come.  It's not insurmountable but that doesn't mean it isn't worrisome.   Don't forget to enjoy every moment.  I think you will but it doesn't hurt to give yourself reminders, too.  Healing thoughts and prayers for you and your little one.

Super Contributor

@GingerPeach

Thank You @GingerPeach  I do just want to breathe in that little girl every time i come through the door. I just love her doggie smell and want to breathe it in!!

she is one of those "special" souls too  HeartHeart

please post more pics of that dear face. she looks so cute & special.

I can see that in her from the pic. Heart

Honored Contributor

Hi @nougat

This is my favorite photo of her.  It was taken by a friend and caught her little smile.

Your little Tote is over-the-top adorable!

Piper 3.jpg

Super Contributor

@GingerPeach

oh how cute! she looks like she may have some pappion in her.

she has striking eyes, are they blue?   what a little cutie Heart

what is her name?  send more pics!

Honored Contributor

Good guess on part papillon.  I thought so, too, @nougat

My very first dog was a papillon; then I adopted that dog's mother when her pet parents passed away.  

Her eyes are dark, but were getting cloudy with age so they photograph lighter.  

Honored Contributor

Hi @qvcfreak

Remember I said I'd been looking online for upholstered storage benches?

Now I'm getting email suggestions from some of the sites where I was looking (as you might imagine since they never miss an opportunity).

I'll be looking locally first, however.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, Oh wow, that's crazy but you're right, they won't miss the opportunity. I hope you find the perfect one. I love the color I got as it will always coordinate with whatever colors I choose to use in my bedroom. Let me know if you find anything.