Super Contributor

Just wanted to give some kudos to chewy.com. They have good prices, free shipping on many items and great customer service. They ship fast and I get my order in 2 days via  Fed Ex. They answered an email sent to them within 30 minutes! 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Chewy.com!!! Thank goodness for their great service; I have 5 cats.

Honored Contributor

I received a very large Xmas card from them today!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I put together an order for 3 items I needed as  supplies for my cat. Put them in my cart on the chewy site. Unfortunately, it did not come to their $50 minimum for free shipping, so I emptied my cart. 

Amazon let me buy the same stuff at the same prices but I was able to meet their $25 minimum so I got free shipping (I don’t have Prime). 

This time chewy.com was not a benefit to me. I hope I can put together a bigger order, but it’s just my one cat, so I don’t need much. I’ve heard such good things about chewy. 

Honored Contributor

For me, I like petco.com and if you repeat order there is always free shipping plus they give reward dollars.I only have my one grandcat too so I would never get to the $50 for free shipping on chewy.

That might be something you want to try if you don't order 50 dollars worth. The order always comes in a few days and I like that they send you emails with tracking info.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I like to shop local.  I get my food from a small business and can take advantage of the manufacture and stores reward programs.  I

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

I put together an order for 3 items I needed as  supplies for my cat. Put them in my cart on the chewy site. Unfortunately, it did not come to their $50 minimum for free shipping, so I emptied my cart. 

Amazon let me buy the same stuff at the same prices but I was able to meet their $25 minimum so I got free shipping (I don’t have Prime). 

This time chewy.com was not a benefit to me. I hope I can put together a bigger order, but it’s just my one cat, so I don’t need much. I’ve heard such good things about chewy. 

@gizmogal, if these are items you purchase regularly it always pays to check Chewy's prices against Amazon's as it in my experience Amazon's prices often fluctuate dramatically.

As a FYI if your Chewy order is less that $49 they have a flat shipping charge of $4.99.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Just wanted to give some kudos to chewy.com. They have good prices, free shipping on many items and great customer service. They ship fast and I get my order in 2 days via  Fed Ex. They answered an email sent to them within 30 minutes! 

@Rose429. I’ve had great luck w/ prices and delivery from Amazon...dog food, toys, crates, etc.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I like to shop local.  I get my food from a small business and can take advantage of the manufacture and stores reward programs.  I

@CrazyDaisy

I do also but, only when my Chewy orders do not reach $49.  There is a store near me called Pet Supplies Plus which out does Chewy when they have storewide sales.  Black Friday & Cyber Monday their Fresh Step litter 24lbs was $8.00.  I had 4 $2 manufacturer coupons.  So I stocked up!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@CrazyDaisy

I do also but, only when my Chewy orders do not reach $49.  There is a store near me called Pet Supplies Plus which out does Chewy when they have storewide sales.  Black Friday & Cyber Monday their Fresh Step litter 24lbs was $8.00.  I had 4 $2 manufacturer coupons.  So I stocked up!!!!

The manufacturer of the food I purchase has a Buy 12 bags get 1 free program.  It almost $50. a bag that is substantial.  The brand my mom purchases in addition to the buy 12 get 1 free program, for black friday sent out coupons for a buy one get one free offer.  These are not available for online shoppers. In addition the shop offers a 5% discount on the entire purchase when you reach a certain amount.  It is a small business, they also bake homemade treats and cakes for dogs.  Much rather support them.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.