Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks for posting this valuable info.  My dog will not be in harm's way as I have a brown thumb and only have plastic plants indoors!

Super Contributor

Re: Pet Owners Need to Know

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  My bunny was eating a clematis leaf and my friend said, she won't eat it if it's poisonous. I looked it up and clematis is very poisonous to rabbits. Thank God she only got a small bite. Thank you for posting the list.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Very complete list .... thanks.  Cat Very Happy

Just to be safe, the only plant I ever have in the house is plain old kitty grass.   Bogey knows it's for him.  Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, Thanks so much for this helpful list.  We don‘t have any live plants anywhere due to our kitty’s habit of munching on everything.  But sometimes people come with a live plant as a gift, especially at this time of the year.

I am going to copy this and give to several people I know, as well.

Honored Contributor

Good to know-- but also I need to add to that list---any scented, plug- in room freshener--so bad for pets--had a horrible and expensive event with my cat who got so sick from those wall flowers plug in scents---she did survive but after many trips to the vet and many bags of fluid running thru her little body--was a total mystery to the vet as to what was happening and why----DD read it online and we removed it and in 2 days, she was back to her sweet self----

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Kachina624, Thanks so much for this helpful list.  We don‘t have any live plants anywhere due to our kitty’s habit of munching on everything.  But sometimes people come with a live plant as a gift, especially at this time of the year.

I am going to copy this and give to several people I know, as well.

@PamfromCT    You're very welcome. I'm glad people are finding it useful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Interesting post, thank you.  My daughter sent me some flowers a few months ago and my dog, snowball started to hide in other rooms all of a sudden,  I soon realized it was the strong smell of the lilies so I put them in another room and took them out of the arrangement and threw them away.  I later learned they are bad for dogs and Snowball was trying to tell me!