Trusted Contributor

Re: Pet Lovers need your input please

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  What a beautiful life and lots of love you will give and get from Buddy!!!!  Good luck friend.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden : 

(just came upon your initial post but haven't yet read through the thread)

Seems like a sign from the universe that this Labbie is destined to be with your Goldie, you, and DH.  Lola loves having a sibling and here is another boy who deserves another chance.  The four of you could help heal each other's hearts.

- - -

Deepest sympathies... I'm glad that you were all blessed to have enjoyed each other.

Regular Contributor

when Charlotte rescued me the rescue agency told me it was a trial.  Charlotte and I said, "ok you can consider this a trial, but we know we are home".  we proved that we meant it and we go on rescuing one another. she is snuggled next to be right now and I wouldn't have it any other way

Respected Contributor

Hope all works out for you and the pup.  I think it's kind of a good idea on the now owners part to set up second play dates.  Pup will be happy to go home to his pack after the first day but it's how pup acts being brought BACK to the potential new famillys house that is a clue weather he wants to go back in. 

My only concern is not with you giving him a happy home but that his now family has Children.   More than once have I seen dogs re-homed only to have the children put up a crying fit that mommy and daddy gave away their dog and the owners demand the dog back.  Make sure the children are really truely aware that pup is going away to a new home and WON"T be back.  Future isolated playdates with the children  and family will only confuse and stress out pup when they leave him again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs  @graciesmom1003 @feline groovy @hayseed00 @candys mine 

and everyone who posted

So it is about 5:30AM on Tuesday 3/ 19. Buddy is doing just fine!  He had his first dinner here at our home  last night and ate it all with relish!  I had a bag of the food he was eating so I kept everything the same. He slept through the night next to our  other dog and our bed(  The doggie den😄).

Today we will just be outside and inside.....it is going to be about  73 degrees here in Seattle today...warmest day on record for March! Nice weather!  I will take some pictures today and post them of both Lola and Buddy.

Later   this afternoon Buddy's family  will come to our house and I suppose everything will be "finalized".  I know how hard this is for the family to give up a pup you got from being just a baby.....for 1 1/2 years....and to give him away.  I can not imagine!  But, it was the same circumstances with our 9 year old Golden, Lola, when we adopted her from a family at 11 months. She has had a good life with us and blessed us.

My 5 year old dog ZaZu we lost recently....suddenly. 🙁 I really can not even look at a picture yet of him.  He will forever be in my heart❤️💔. I can not  yet even explain everything here as I am not ready at this time  to talk about it.  It was a sudden illness.   I do see little things that Buddy does....that ZaZu❤️ Did! Little bits here and there and I wonder if like one poster said, that ZaZu might have had a part in this joining of Buddy and our family.  It is a good feeling to think this. I made a special place in the yard for ZaZu... we buried him in a special place where  he loved to sit and look out over the yard during the day.  I can sit there...listen to the wind chime  I placed there and feel his energy.  

I will let you all know who are interested how this afternoon meeting  with the the family goes.  As one post stated, they could always change their mind. And that could be alright with  me that as I know that his family loves. Him so. Either way, Buddy will come out with a good ending....with us or with them.  That is the only part that matters to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs  @graciesmom1003 @feline groovy @hayseed00 @candys mine 

and everyone who posted

So it is about 5:30AM on Tuesday 3/ 19. Buddy is doing just fine!  He had his first dinner here at our home  last night and ate it all with relish!  I had a bag of the food he was eating so I kept everything the same. He slept through the night next to our  other dog and our bed(  The doggie den😄).

Today we will just be outside and inside.....it is going to be about  73 degrees here in Seattle today...warmest day on record for March! Nice weather!  I will take some pictures today and post them of both Lola and Buddy.

Later   this afternoon Buddy's family  will come to our house and I suppose everything will be "finalized".  I know how hard this is for the family to give up a pup you got from being just a baby.....for 1 1/2 years....and to give him away.  I can not imagine!  But, it was the same circumstances with our 9 year old Golden, Lola, when we adopted her from a family at 11 months. She has had a good life with us and blessed us.

My 5 year old dog ZaZu we lost recently....suddenly. 🙁 I really can not even look at a picture yet of him.  He will forever be in my heart❤️💔. I can not  yet even explain everything here as I am not ready at this time  to talk about it.  It was a sudden illness.   I do see little things that Buddy does....that ZaZu❤️ Did! Little bits here and there and I wonder if like one poster said, that ZaZu might have had a part in this joining of Buddy and our family.  It is a good feeling to think this. I made a special place in the yard for ZaZu... we buried him in a special place where  he loved to sit and look out over the yard during the day.  I can sit there...listen to the wind chime  I placed there and feel his energy.  

I will let you all know who are interested how this afternoon meeting  with the the family goes.  As one post stated, they could always change their mind. And that could be alright with  me that as I know that his family loves. Him so. Either way, Buddy will come out with a good ending....with us or with them.  That is the only part that matters to me. 

Lovely post, @SeaMaiden .

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Hats off to you, @SeaMaiden , if you're ready for this.  The way I love my dog combined with our age and other things, I know he will be our last.  But if you can do it, great!  It sounds like your decision has been made so I don't think there's any need for another visit.  Let the owners know that you are ready to adopt him now.  It's possible they may be testing other homes and you could end up losing out if another family speaks up before you.  Good luck.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden   Good vibes today friend !!! Your beautiful tribute to ZaZu with the windchimes brought tears to my eyes, remembering all my babies that have also crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Honored Contributor

I think i would take him,it will be good for your other dog.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   @hayseed00   @JeanLouiseFinch   @tends2dogs   @candys mine   and  all who posted 

Buddy is going to live with us forever.  His birthday is 3/27 ( he was born in 2017)  so he is just going on 2. Having a baby in the house is going to be a change up!  Will post pictures soon.  Thanks everyone for your encouragement and love Smiley Happy