Super Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Pet Insurance 👍🏾

[ Edited ]

I have had mixed experiences with pet insurance.  And I DO read the fine print. 

Some things do get covered without any problems.  But then again, some things just don't when I think they should. 

For example, I am currently fighting with the insurance company over a teeth cleaning for my dog.  I had the vet send in an estimate for pre-approval.  The EOB came back with the $350 anesthesia covered, but the $150 cleaning not covered because I don't have the Wellness option.  At the bottom it said they would pay 90% of $350. 

After the procedure, I submitted the claim which was rejected in its entireity.  They don't cover ANY costs associated with teeth cleaning unless you have the Wellness option.  

Also, with another policy I  bought an 8-week old  puppy, signed her up for insurance that day and took her to the vet the next day..  I got my policy, and asked for  a list of the pre-existing conditions they would not cover.  I was told  no pre-existing conditions   But when I turned in an ear infection claim two years later , they said she had a pre-existing allergy.  When I turned in X-rays for limping they scoured her records and found another pre-existing condition, all based on the vet's notes when I took her in for that initial checkup. 

Honored Contributor

@Allieoh wrote:

Thanks for the information @Mz iMac

@Carmie, could you please share which company you've used and liked? I'm thinking about getting it for my cat. Thanks!

PetPlan Insurance.

Honored Contributor

@juanitalinda -

That is awful!

Do you remember which insurances they were?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Allieoh wrote:

Thanks for the information @Mz iMac

@Carmie, could you please share which company you've used and liked? I'm thinking about getting it for my cat. Thanks!

PetPlan Insurance Company.