Honored Contributor

For quite awhile now I have been paying $82.11 at my vet for a 17 lb bag of my cat's Royal Canin Urinary SO formula food.  I dropped in yesterday to get a bag and it was only $68.97.  How does that happen?  I looked at Chewy and it's basically the same price if I get it Auto Delivery and a bit more if not Auto Delivery.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   Did the price drop at Chewy and your Vet or just the Vet?  That's quite a drop!  When my dog was on a prescription canned diet I ordered from Chewy.  It was much less expensive than the Vet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Wow, 82 dollars ,for 17 lbs, that is really high. i would not pay that for that quality of food.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

i wish the price of my dog's food would drop in price.  It goes up every few months.  I am paying $107 for a 25 lb bag.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack , I had not previously checked Chewy so I don't know.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Wow, 82 dollars ,for 17 lbs, that is really high. i would not pay that for that quality of food.

I have a Senior cat that needs urinary formula.  When I got the Ninja Kitties, they were on kitten food.  Sambo decided he wanted to eat Queso's special diet.  The vet said she would rather Queso eat kitten food than for the kitten to eat adult food as long as it didn't make him fat.  So, they all ate kitten food.  That whole time Queso did not have any urinary problems.  I had hopes that when we changed over to adult food that maybe Queso would not have to eat the special urinary formula.  Since we were feeding Wellness Kitten food, I went with Wellness adult food.  Not a month in, Queso started having problems.  So, back on the expensive urinary formula he went.  And, since Sambo insisted on eating Queso's food (in fact he stole Queso's eating spot and now he has to eat with Houdini) the vet said it would be okay for all of them to eat it.  She did check with Royal Canin to make sure it was okay for them to have it.

As far as the quality of the food is concerned, I know plenty of people who successfully feed their animals grocery store pet food with no problems whatsoever.  I used to feed a more premium diet and Queso still developed urinary issues.  This food works for my cat and that is all I care about. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

i wish the price of my dog's food would drop in price.  It goes up every few months.  I am paying $107 for a 25 lb bag.

What do you feed? I feed farmina.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pet Food Price Drop?

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess  I would shop around then , vets charge more i was looking at a joint supplement ,i checked on line and vets price was so much more.Check pet flow ,also and chewy.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Icegoddess  I would shop around then , vets charge more i was looking at a joint supplement ,i checked on line and vets price was so much more.

@goldensrbest I did check with Chewy which I would expect would be about as cheap as anywhere else considering how popular they are.  They are the same price as my vet IF I get it on AutoShip, more if not.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Me neither.  I switch up between Petsupplies Plus & Chewy.

Every other month I get $15 or 15% off coupons snail mail. This month....

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at Wed, Oct 9, 2019-4.49.42 PM.png

Petsupplies Plus has great sales.  Their sales last a month while supplies last at their B&M stores.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif