Honored Contributor

I'm so frustrated with Pet Flow.  A while back I ordered a bag of cat food from them, and they sent me an expired bag.  I called, and they sent me another bag that was also expired.  I don't remember if they finally sent me a good bag or ended up crediting me back.  

Last week I ordered a bag of cat food, and they sent me an expired bag.  I called, and they sent me another bag with the expired date on it again.  I called, and they researched and don't have any unexpired bags in either warehouse so will credit my account.  It just occurred to me that they might have meant they'll credit my account with them.  I want my credit card credited.  I doubt I'll ever order from them again.

I never had any problems with Chewy, but since PetSmart bought Chewy Fromm will not let them carry their brand.  PetFlow has it, so that's why I ordered my dog and cat food from them this time.  I have to go to two different stores to get my dog and cat food that I use now, and Frankie and Henry seem to need food at the same time.

Has anyone else had expired pet food sent to them from Pet Flow?  They're always so nice when I call about it, but it's very frustrating.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Really glad you posted this.  My parents use Fromm and it is getting difficult for them to carry the bags to and from the car.  I was going to suggest Pet Flow, but not now. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Really glad you posted this.  My parents use Fromm and it is getting difficult for them to carry the bags to and from the car.  I was going to suggest Pet Flow, but not now. 

@CrazyDaisy  I couldn't recommend them after what happened to me.  I have not had trouble with expired bags of Fromm though, only two different brands of cat food.  I'll bet they sell a lot of Fromm now that Chewy doesn't sell it, so your parents probably wouldn't have a problem getting expired bags of it.  I only say this because you said it was getting hard for them to carry the bags.  I really don't know anywhere else you can order it now.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Check out gofromm.com, free shipping over $45.00 & free returns. I just came across the website & haven't made any purchases. You mentioned Fromm but maybe you need other brands too, this site on!y sells Fromm...you probably already know about it but maybe it'll help. My cat will only eat Nutro chicken & brown rice.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried wag dot com? It’s owned by Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Check out gofromm.com, free shipping over $45.00 & free returns. I just came across the website & haven't made any purchases. You mentioned Fromm but maybe you need other brands too, this site on!y sells Fromm...you probably already know about it but maybe it'll help. My cat will only eat Nutro chicken & brown rice.

Thanks @kitcat51.  I order 15 lb. bags, and they are less than $45.  When I used to order from Chewy and last week from Pet Flow I ordered a bag of dog food and cat food to get the free shipping.  My cat doesn't eat Fromm.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Have you tried wag dot com? It’s owned by Amazon.

Thanks @Meowingkitty.  I just checked, and they don't sell Fromm.  Amazon does, but not in 15 lb. bags.  I would be leery of ordering Fromm from Amazon, though, because they aren't an authorized retailer.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack.  I must confess that I didn't even know dog food has expiration dates.  I've never seen or looked for one.  Usually those are "sell by" dates so unless the food had mold on it or smelled bad, I'd use it anyway.  I've never received a bad bag of pet food.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack.  I must confess that I didn't even know dog food has expiration dates.  I've never seen or looked for one.  Usually those are "sell by" dates so unless the food had mold on it or smelled bad, I'd use it anyway.  I've never received a bad bag of pet food.

@Kachina624  I actually wrote to the pet food company the first time I received the expired dates to ask if I could donate the food.  They said it was a freshness date and would not be safe to donate.  I think it's kind of inexcusable that PetFlow would send out food with expired dates.  I'm used to buying pet food with the dates a year out.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I order from petflow ,ever since chewy no longer can sell orijen,and acana never had a problem.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.