Respected Contributor

I was already reading bad news today -- about recent serious Covid outbreaks in nursing homes along the New Jersey shore -- when this story popped up.

I think it's the worst pet abuse story I've ever read. I'm sure it's happened before, but I've never seen this level of graphic detail reported from standard media outlets. I'm not going to repeat it here.

If you choose to read it and/or watch the court video, know that it will ruin your day.

I would welcome comments about whether you think this kind of detail should have been published. I'm glad to report the 18-year-old has been jailed.

Google:      Bani J.  Asbury Park, New Jersey

Honored Contributor

YUP!  Right along w/the perp's photo.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

Poor Ellie. Her death was a blessing so she wouldn't have to endure any more pain.  What I would love to do to that poor kitty's owner if I could would get me banned from this site if I posted it.  I can't get this out my mind. RIP Ellie. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3  What purpose does it serve to post a link to the worst pet abuse story you've ever seen?  Are you trying to freak people out? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

People  monsters like that have been known to escalate their 'activities' towards human beings. Many serial killers started with torturing animals, then to raping and eventually murder.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  My thoughts went immediately to the escalation to humans. I could not look at the article, so I was hesitant to comment.

Esteemed Contributor

Not reading it

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PickyPicky3  What purpose does it serve to post a link to the worst pet abuse story you've ever seen?  Are you trying to freak people out?

I think this story marks a change in how pet abuse stories are reported. True Crime has become wildly popular in America -- along with its accompanying graphic photos and autopsy reports. Is that level of detail now required to capture and hold the public's attention?

Or might this be beneficial in some way? Will the gruesome details help alert people to increasing deviant behavior in someone they know?

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3    We already know gruesome crimes happen but I don't want to read about it on a shopping bulletin board. Ethics in TV reporting are being discussed.  Heard something about it earlier this week, limiting exposure to gruesome scenes, etc. 

IMO you need to be more picky, Ms. Picky. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PickyPicky3    We already know gruesome crimes happen but I don't want to read about it on a shopping bulletin board. Ethics in TV reporting are being discussed.  Heard something about it earlier this week, limiting exposure to gruesome scenes, etc. 

IMO you need to be more picky, Ms. Picky. 

@Kachina624,  IMO the limiting exposure more often leads to shaking one's head and saying that is terrible where if media did not sanitize such horrors perhaps people would act to try to stop such atrocities.

A headline of Man Arrested for Killing Pet Cat would not spark the interest or outrage that the details would.

Fighting to prevent such things should not be left solely to the people that have to experience the results first hand.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.