Valued Contributor

Pesky Florida Iguanas

[ Edited ]

Stare down with my cat and a juvenile iguana this afternoon.

igu.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala  Thank you for that picture!!!  LOL, you brought a smile to me Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Pesky Florida Iguanas

[ Edited ]

Mmmmmmm........CRUNCHY...........

≈^••^≈

Heart  Kitty

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Xivambala 

What a great picture!

When my daughter lived in Fl, I loved seeing all the iguanas there.

One we called the Grandfather-he was so big!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala 

I'm not sure a cat would tangle with one, but it's a great picture.

When we visited St. Thomas, they were EVERYWHERE...herds of them...some quite large.  It creeped me out!

On the beach, they would wander looking for fruit from the drinks tourists left behind...and fight over them in the sand.  I didn't like seeing it at all!

Not sure I could ever get used to having them around.  

Valued Contributor

@on the bay @Witchy Woman 

The iguanas are everywhere here, and get quite large. I have a small lake behind my condo with sawgrass and grass and trees. At first I thought the cat wanted out on the balcony because there was a large flock of egrets foraging. When I let him out, he made a beeline to this iguana that was all over my 3rd floor screened balcony; running back and forth. It was very bold. The cat ran back and forth with it and stared it down. The iguana finally left with a leaf in its mouth.

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala 

In that first photo there was definitely a 'stare down' between the cat and baby iguana!

My feeling is that the cat would've won in this picture, but not with a much bigger iguana!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@on the bay @Witchy Woman 

The iguanas are everywhere here, and get quite large. I have a small lake behind my condo with sawgrass and grass and trees. At first I thought the cat wanted out on the balcony because there was a large flock of egrets foraging. When I let him out, he made a beeline to this iguana that was all over my 3rd floor screened balcony; running back and forth. It was very bold. The cat ran back and forth with it and stared it down. The iguana finally left with a leaf in its mouth.

@Xivambala. Sounds like a good cat exerciser.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

DINOSAURS  - sooo cuute.

What's NOT to love about itty bitty dinos!???

I love all creatures great and small, these lil dudes are included!

Respected Contributor

Super cute!  Keeping your kitty entertained.