Honored Contributor

Percent of single women living with a cat

I love this.  It makes me want to reach out to all the cat women!

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/are-you-a-cat-lady-seattle-area-has-2nd-highest-number...

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Percent of single women living with a cat

http://www.animaltalk.us/50-reasons-why-cats-are-better-than-men/

...and then there's the BEST of both worlds: marry a man who loves cats.

(I have a picture of my husband giving a horsey ride to our bengal cat, but he'd kill me if I posted it, LOL).

Denise
Honored Contributor

Right -  and I want to know what the per cent is for single women who live with their dogs.  Then I want to know if there's an age difference in the two populations?

I have my own theories, but statistics are better than theories or even better than a dozen or two personal experience facts.

I've never been owned by a cat, but my dogs have certainly lived well!

Respected Contributor

My husband is known as Cat-Daddy.  We've had cats for many years, but neither one of us had a cat before we married.  We both had a dog.  So happy we finally got with it!  Love my kitties!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Right -  and I want to know what the per cent is for single women who live with their dogs.  Then I want to know if there's an age difference in the two populations?

I have my own theories, but statistics are better than theories or even better than a dozen or two personal experience facts.

I'm sure somebody has researched that.  Why not do a Google search if you're curious.

I just posted the article because it was something of interest.  it certainly isn't meant to answer all questions.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

My late husband loved cats.  We always had a few cats.  One day this black and white cat showed up on our back porch.  I fed it and it kept coming back.  

It had a broken canine front tooth.  When I went near it it would run away.  I named it Sally (never'd had a cat named Sally).

One day I was bending down to feed it and saw the biggest set of "use your imagination" you'd ever seen.

From that day on Sally became Fabio (as in the lover Fabio with the hair).  I called him Bo for short.

We'd always had female cats for some reason.  They came to me, I never 'got' one.

Well, Fabio loved (no) adored my husband.  When my husband died suddenly Fabio was so depressed it was terrible.  He'd go and lay on my husband's truck and would only come in at night.  I finally sold the truck to my business partner in Florida.

Suddenly, Fabio got his appetite back but he was never the same.

When we had a big wake for my husband the joke was there were more picture of my late husband and Fabio than there were in all 38 years we were married.  That was fine with me because they had a special connection.

A few years later Fabio died due to diabetes he got from having to give him Prednisone for his asthma (so bad he would pant).

Now they are both up in heaven repairing things for the Lord.  Fabio riding in the truck next to his Daddy.

I had other cats since then but these last two I named one Billy (after my husband) and his sister Katie (after my daughter).  The problem is Billy isn't the brightest light bulb in the bunch......he thinks his name is Katie and comes to that.  No disrespect but he might be Transgender.  That's fine too.

Respected Contributor

Love your story, annabellethecat!

Denise
Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, too, but until a dog uses a litterbox, I'll stick to cats. Smiley Wink

Denise
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, I know you're all jealous of me having such a great husband (LOL) but I found a way to post this picture.  Hope ya'll get a laugh! 

(Don't even remember why DH was on the floor, but Rocko cat took advantage of it!)

save.jpg

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

OK, I know you're all jealous of me having such a great husband (LOL) but I found a way to post this picture.  Hope ya'll get a laugh! 

(Don't even remember why DH was on the floor, but Rocko cat took advantage of it!)

save.jpg

To give kitty a "horsey ride" - like you mentioned earlier on this thread, duh. ;-)