Esteemed Contributor

Eddy's latest:  I often include veggies, etc. with his kibble to give him extra needed protein/vitamins.  For a while now, I must 'pretend' to give him whatever I'm having by planing his bowl next to the food I'm plating for myself.  Then he devours it.  No big deal, I can live with that quirk.  But, since last nite he wouldn't eat his food.  I knew he was hungry, but he wouldn't eat it!  Today, after I ate I placed his kibble and brussels on my plate and he gobbled up the whole thing.

Does anybody have a furbaby who only wants to eat from a plate?  Any suggestions as to how to stop this behavior?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Just have a plate that is just his, as long as he eats, that is the least of your worries.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about giving him his own plate.  It may be easier for him than a bowl.  The more his plate looks like your plate the better.

If that doesn't solve the "problem" attribute the not eating to Eddie being manipulative.  When hungry enough plate, bowl or the floor Eddie will eat as long as there are no contributory health problems.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp

Thank you for your advice.  Giving him the same dish as mine worked!  And, I still "pretend" we're eating the same food, but the plate demand, though it's an occasonal "treat", has quickly passed.

His latest is sleeping in bed with his Momma.  He still is unable to get on it on his own, but together it's a piece of cake.  And, it makes him sooooo happy!  

You nailed it when you mentioned he's manipulative.  He is, but in a nice wayWoman LOL!  While I don't know his entire past, I know he's gone through an awful lot.  He's overcome fear of people, learned to totally enjoy, and even demand, the hugs and kisses we give our pets.  Now, I think, he's trying out whatever he can think of - he's got a lot of "enjoying" to make up for. and a lot of attention to savor.  Guess I just gotta get used to new things!

Thanks again for your advice.Woman Happy