Trusted Contributor

NickNack,

My apologies for missing handsome Frankie's beautiful painting in the above post.  That's what I get for not viewing all posts.  Frankie's painting is gorgeous as well.  Will you be placing them both together?

Honored Contributor

Re: Painting Of Henry

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I had Henry's portrait painted and received it today.  I had an artist on Etsy do it.  I loved all of her work.  It's a small 8" x 8" oil painting.  I'm thrilled with it!  I think it's wonderful.  She couldn't have captured him any better.fullsizeoutput_21c.jpeg

@NickNack

I remember when you asked for our opinions

as to whether you should have Henry's

portrait be a close up of his handsome

face or his entire handsome feline self

(you posted photos for us to choose from)

and I'm elated to see that you went for

the latter!

The painting is stunning...as is Frankie's.

Sending the both of them lots of

hugs and kisses...please deliver!HeartHeart

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScenicMaine wrote:

Hi NickNack,

Ever since you've posted photos & tidbits of your 2 very adorable kids, Henry & Frankie, I've looked forward to more & more of them.   This painting of Henry has taken it to a whole new level - it's just gorgeous!  Wherever you decide to place it in your home, I'm sure it will be very eye-catching to anyone who enters the room.

It's such a nice way to create beautiful memories to enjoy for many years.  Please keep more pics & stories of them coming.  Will you being doing a painting of handsome Frankie?

Thank you @ScenicMaine.  I had a painting of Frankie done a couple of years ago.  It's just a small 6" x 6".  I posted it in message #31 of this thread.  I love it, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

NickNack,

My apologies for missing handsome Frankie's beautiful painting in the above post.  That's what I get for not viewing all posts.  Frankie's painting is gorgeous as well.  Will you be placing them both together?

@ScenicMaine  Thank you.  I'm pretty sure I will put them together.  I'll post a picture after I get Henry's framed and have the placement settled.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I had Henry's portrait painted and received it today.  I had an artist on Etsy do it.  I loved all of her work.  It's a small 8" x 8" oil painting.  I'm thrilled with it!  I think it's wonderful.  She couldn't have captured him any better.fullsizeoutput_21c.jpeg

@NickNack

I remember when you asked for our opinions

as to whether you should have Henry's

portrait be a close up of his handsome

face or his entire handsome feline self

(you posted photos for us to choose from)

and I'm elated to see that you went for

the latter!

The painting is stunning...as is Frankie's.

Sending the both of them lots of

hugs and kisses...please deliver!HeartHeart

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Thank you @beastielove!

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Those eyes are beautiful so expressive. Enjoy your new picture.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I would think a professional framer would absolutely know IF you should put it under glass.

If you saw my house (can I say dust bunnies go Ahhhhh!  when they enter my house) you'd want to walk around in Seran wrap(sp).

It kinda makes sense though because oil paint isn't flat so I can see where small amounts of dust might settle on it.  

I hope you come back and let us know as I am curious.  I tried to send pictures of my friend's paintings (they wouldn't appeal to everyone) but I could figure out how to do it.

I'm so proud of her and her daughter.  As an artist it's very difficult to make a living doing that.

Anyway, I love your posts and I love the way you love your furbaby.

My friend just sent me something she made for her tiny dog to wear around his face (knitted).  It's so freaking funny!  The dog looks so mad with it on (it covers dogs ears too) but she said dog still has kept it on!

Animals are so wonderful!

Respected Contributor

@NickNack - Thanks so much for the information.  I'll checkout her listing on Etsy.

Again, that's a gorgeous painting of Henry.  

I'd love to get a painting of my cat made at some time, but I don't know if I could get the right photo to send the artist.  It's hard to pose a cat.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an absolutely gorgeous painting of Mr. Henry......what breed is Henry, he is so beautiful!    Would love to have my Maxwell Fergus painted...  Thanks for the info on the artist at Etsy, appreciate!