Honored Contributor

Painting Of Henry

[ Edited ]

I had Henry's portrait painted and received it today.  I had an artist on Etsy do it.  I loved all of her work.  It's a small 8" x 8" oil painting.  I'm thrilled with it!  I think it's wonderful.  She couldn't have captured him any better.fullsizeoutput_21c.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack       Nick is so handsome!  I love this portrait, it turned out so well.  I hope you display it where everyone can see it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Painting Of Henry

[ Edited ]

@sophiesofers wrote:

@NickNack       Nick is so handsome!  I love this portrait, it turned out so well.  I hope you display it where everyone can see it.  

Thank you @sophiesofers.  Yes, I have the perfect spot for it!  The artist said it wasn't completely dry, so I'm going to leave it the way she packed it in the styrofoam for a couple of weeks.  I can still see it but just not touch it.  Then I'll see if I can find an 8" x 8" frame that I like.  If not, I'll wait another two weeks to make sure it's perfectly dry and have it framed.  It won't have glass on it, so that should be long enough to wait.  The artist told me to wait about four days before I touched it, but I'm going to be extra careful.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack   Ok that sounds good!  I'll bet you can't wait to frame it.  Maybe after its framed and you have it in your perfect spot, you could post a picture on here.  I would love to see it.  BTW, I love the name Nick for your cat.  My son is named Nick also.  Enjoy your weekend!  

Respected Contributor

Just "WOW!" Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Painting Of Henry

[ Edited ]

@sophiesofers wrote:

@NickNack   Ok that sounds good!  I'll bet you can't wait to frame it.  Maybe after its framed and you have it in your perfect spot, you could post a picture on here.  I would love to see it.  BTW, I love the name Nick for your cat.  My son is named Nick also.  Enjoy your weekend!  

@sophiesofers  I can't believe I said his name was Nick.  It's Henry!  Nick was my dog that died a few years ago.  I loved that name, too.  I'll go back and change the title of the thread.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's beautiful!  I love it.  Just a suggestion but you might think about having it professionally framed.

I used to do a lot of very fine (small stitches) cross stitches and I've both framed them myself and had them professionally framed.

I also have a friend who does oil and watercolor paintings (she even makes a living at it).

She made me understand the importance of keeping any dust off of the painting.  I learned about 'spacers' put between the glass and the picture/painting itself.

A professional framer could tell you if you even should frame it or if so the best way to do it.  

I know you'd want it to last forever.  I would think in this case since you invested in the cost of having it done, you might want to talk to a professional framer.  

If nothing else you could 'pick their brain' so to speak.  

Just a suggestion.  I love the way the artist managed to catch the little twinkle in Nick's eyes....that little twinkle full of mischief!

Respected Contributor

I thought your pets name were Henry (cat) & Frankie (dog)...good grief my memory is just going to pot. Anyway, what a lovely & sweet painting...Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

OH MY GOSH!!! Henry, you handsome devil you! That painting is just wonderful.

Now you will have Henry furever!!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack     Maybe somewhere in the back of your mind you were thinking about your dog.  Thats ok,, Henry is beautiful too!