Frequent Contributor

Hi all..... I was wondering if anyone has given their dog Vetriscience Devcor Plus Mobility Pro for pain and what was the out come? My vet suggested this as a holistic approach for my dog who pulled a muscle in his back leg. If I didn't want to go holistic then it would be Rimadyl which I would rather not give, but will if necessary. 

Respected Contributor

I would give Rimadyl because it definitely works and a pulled muscle is painful.  You would only need to give short term.  I have used Rimadyl when needed for pain relief and it works.  Never had an issue.  

Honored Contributor

@Grnthumb 

I haven't used the VetriScience pain chews, but I do use a couple of other VetriScience dog products--the probiotics and GlycoFlex Plus supplements.  The latter has helped my dog's leg pain/lameness, but only to a degree and it isn't strictly for pain.

My vet gave me Rimadyl for her if/when her pain gets bad, to be used (right now) on a temporary basis.  Besides being a pain med, it's also anti inflammatory.  I haven't needed to use it yet.

I did give Rimadyl to a previous dog continually for years with no side effects.

My personal approach, if the situation isn't serious, is to try the holistic avenue first.  If that doesn't bring satisfactory results, then I go to the RX meds.

Best of luck to you and your pup!

Respected Contributor

I've given Rimadyl to my dogs (present and past) for short term issues with no adverse affects. Nothing noted but relief from pain.

I also always keep canine aspirin on hand for times my dog over exerts and shows some discomfort. A little rest and a couple doses and improvement is noted. It's rare that I give it, but it's effective when I do.

I would use holistic approaches for more minor situations, but I've never been able to see any dog I've ever had in pain. Many dogs have a high pain threshold, so if they're exhibiting pain, they are in trouble. My job as canine caregiver is to assist asap. 

Super Contributor

I haven't used that product, but I always keep Pet's Best Aches and Pains on hand in case one of my dogs has a minor injury. It's an all-natural, plant-based formula that can be used long-term without issues like Rimydal.