Respected Contributor

Paging @Carmie...curious about the "fighting KC Spaniel dog situation"

@Carmie

Did you resolve the agressive pup situation with your Spaniel?

I'm curious because whilst I may forget a story or post about a person, I pert near never forget a post about pet troubles...

I hope things worked out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging @Carmie...curious about the "fighting KC Spaniel dog situation"

@Carmie   I've also wondered how things are going and what decision you made.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

@Carmie 

I'm hopeful you can somehow manage this long term.

Praying for a positive and loving outcome for all of you. (especially the pups!)

Please do @Kachina624 & I a favor, and keep us posted.

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie Thank you for the update. IMO that family is using the little girl to pull at your heart strings. Don't fall for it! I've heard of this kind of thing a long time ago.

This doggo is much better off in a loving home where she is loved AND well cared for.

Stick to your decision. You know in your heart it is the right one. Heart

If it should happen that you need to re-home her, I pray it won't be to "those" people who obviously didn't take good care of her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie   You know you can't return her to her previous home.  They are only pretending to love and miss her.  They didn't take care of her at all obviously.  I think giving her to your son is a completely different thing.  If you need to do that, it would be fine.  You made your promise to return her to them before you knew the whole scope of the problem.  I wish you well in your decision.  I know it's a really hard one to make.  It sounds like things are peaceful for now.  This really was a true rescue for this poor dog.  What a horrible home she came from.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Carmie Just a thought. I would tell the family that you wish no further contact. Tell them it's just too stressful for *you*. They are trying to guilt you. If you re-home the dog with your son, they do not need to know about it. I really would stop contact, it's not helping anyone. You need peace in this situation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

YOUR GUT is telling you DO NOT GIVE A DEFENSELESS PET BACK TO A BAD HUMAN FAMILY....and my gut agrees.

She eats - those jerks just didn't FEED her. You put weight on her - proof right there!

I care NOT about the lil kid asking about her - I care about HER. 

She is voiceless in this mess.

Animals need protection from MONSTER humans - she deserves way better than to be given back to neglectful abusers.

Break your word  -  for the love of Saint Francis - she was given away free and darn near total starvation.  

Break your word. 

If you give her to a breed rescue AT THE VERY LEAST she might live a life well loved.

Please, I emplore you Carmie - you sound like a wonderful person, really you do...please do the right thing and do not return her to them.