Honored Contributor

PUPPY BOWL pre-game shows - better than ever

This morning, on one of Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl pre-game shows, was the "Where Are They Now?" episode featuring puppies that were adopted and are now living with their families.

One of the stories made the tears flow.  It was about a little Shih Tzu who lost an eye due to an accident while playing with her brother while in foster care after the Puppy Bowl in which she took part.  In the meantime, a young girl had been wanting to adopt her but couldn't because they lived with her grandparents and already had several dogs.

After a whole year went by, the girl's family finally was able to be in their very own home, and surprisingly, the now one-eyed little dog still hadn't been adopted.  And so -- she took her home.

That was truly a meant-to-be story!

The other pre-game shows featuring this year's puppy participants are, as usual, featuring "announcers" with dog-related names such as "Gordon Setter" and "Greta Dane."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PUPPY BOWL pre-game shows - better than ever

I watched the cat bowl last night on the Hallmark Channel.  One happy adoption story made me cry.  I have recorded the kitten bowl on Hallmark today and will be watching in a while.  As you can guess, I am not a football fan.

Honored Contributor

Love the Puppy Bowl every year. I’m a sucker for a good tear jerker story about pairing up a dog and new owner.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT- I also watched the Cat Bowl last night and just finished watching the Kitten Bowl a while ago.  I love the stories of the adoptions and, of course, just watching hours of cats and kittens!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach- I didn't realize there was a Puppy Bowl.  I've only ever seen the Kitten Bowls on Hallmark and I don't watch football.

I wonder if they repeat the shows?

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@GingerPeach- I didn't realize there was a Puppy Bowl.  I've only ever seen the Kitten Bowls on Hallmark and I don't watch football.

I wonder if they repeat the shows?

It looks like Animal Planet is repeating the Puppy Bowl this morning at 9 a.m. Eastern, @Venezia

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach- Thanks.  I've only just gotten on here, so I've missed that, too.  My bad!  But I'll check to see if they're going to show it again in the near future.  At least I know for next year.  Smiley Happy