Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE, SPARE A THOUGHT FOR MY TRINKET

Thank you @annespan for the good thoughts. I will let you know how it goes.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candys mine, I pray  for the drs hands to be guided by angels.It is so hard  when our babies grow old... Tomorrow is a new day , they will find answers.What  a precious  heart you have, your baby is blessed with you.There is hope, hold firm thank God  for the healing right. now, lay your hands on Trinket, pray to  saint Francis, the patron saint of animals. I have seen miracles  with my little shihtzu Riley. Sending you strength  and love , Maryanne 

Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

She has not been eating on her own.  Examination, Bloodwork, and X-rays done with nothing jumping out at you.  I have been syringe feeding her but it's nowere near her normal meal volume.   She's 16 years old and this is taking a toll on her.  Tomorow is her Ulrasound, so if you could spare a kindly thought for her I would be grateful. 

@candys mine - My thoughts are with you both - going through similar with my 16 year old Sedona - it's tough when they get this age.  Let us know results of ultrasound. 

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koiThank you for your uplifting words.  I do have hope that my little girly will find some comfort from this.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginalThank you for including me in your circle of care.  I will send good thoughts to Sedona too and perhaps, thought by thought,  we can" Wish" them well.

Hope she has a comfortable night.

Valued Contributor

@candys mine,@hoosieroriginal , is a lovely example of faith . .She will  inspire you with her  love .....Praying for you both....Bless you dear hearts, love , Maryanne 

Regular Contributor

@candys mine

I am praying for your little Trinket!

I know how scary it can be when our seniors begin acting ill. Mine is 15 yo. 

Good that the bloodwork, xrays, etc came out fine! Smiley Happy That should mean liver and kidneys are ok. And that there are no stones or crystals ...if xrays and urinalysis came out good.

Is she on any medications for any health issues?

Is she on heartworm or flea preventatives?

Are her stools normal? Did you get a fecal exam on her?

If everything comes back OK, then consider these DIGESTIVE ISSUE products that I use for my furbaby. :

- a high potency probiotic 1 or 2  x day

-  L Glutamine cap, ...pour onto food, 1 to 2 x day. 500 mg cap.

- slippery elm, which helps sooth the digestive tract

- Azmira DETOXIFIER ( 1 X before bed, nightly...for 2 weeks. Then, 1 night per week, thereafter. I ALT every minth with Newton Labs DETOXIFIER. Both are homeopathic remedies, and completely SAFE. I have used this for my furbaby, my fosters, and my family and myself, for over 13 years. Smiley Happy  GREAT products that detox the blood, kidneys, and liver. Very gentle. Use 4 drops per dose, regardless of the patient's size!

--TO STIMULATE APPETITE, and to STOP DIGESTIVE UPSET:

HomeoPet DIGESTIVE UPSETS. These are homeopathic drops.

When my Tzu was on antibiotics, her stomach was a wreck. She stopped eating! I was rec'd these drops, and they are a MIRACLE! They work fast!!

Holistic protocols work by treating to balance the WHOLE body. I highly suggest buying and dosing all of the above, not just one product. I also suggestmyou buy online, from the product site....and not from amazon, ebay, etc. There are too many fakes out there.

ADDING WEIGHT, FAST....while waiting for treatments to take effect. 

1. COLOSTRUM by Symbiotics

EXCELLENT! This strengthens the immune system. You can keep an ill dog alive on just Colostrum, for several days! This COMBINED with HOMEOPET DIGESTIVE UPSETS drops, is a miracle working duo!! Most of the very digestive compromised rescues I have dealt with, begin eating reg food on their own within 48 to 72 hours (we feed home cooked diets to all fosters, and to my own furbaby).

DOC ROY'S FORTICAL.

I buy this for very ill rescues, who need extra calories, dosed easily. Use an oral syringe. For short term, while waiting for holistic treatments to work, Forti Cal is great to use.

If you feed dog food, please try feeding a home cooked diet. I would not rec a RAW diet to a very digestively ill dog, as their immune systems may not be able to handle the normal bacteria in raw. A home cooked diet is safer, imho. For recipes, go to B-naturals website, and search through the Wellness Newsletters. Link is at the top navigation bar on the website. EXCELLENT recipes, depending on health concern. Read the ones for IBD or YEAST issues, or CANCER diet, id you do not get a diagnosis from your vet. IF your vet DOES give you an actual diagnosis, search for the respective recipe in the Wellness Newsletter section.

I hope and pray that Trinkett gets better very very soon!!

PS:

You can also add those detoxifier drops and homeopet drops to her water bowl. Use spring bottled water. Still do also dose the homeopathic drops directly into mouth, in addition to adding to water.

Respected Contributor

@WannabeincaliThank you so much for taking the time to get me that info.  I have a fecal pending at the vets. results should be back tomorrow  as well.  We have a holistic Vet in the area who is well spoken of.  If the ultrasound finds something I may seek her out to help in Trinkets recooperation.  Thanks again for the information.

Trusted Contributor

Special prayers for Trinket and his Mom. 

Respected Contributor

@newtoallthisthank you for your prayers for Trinket.  I do appreciate them.