Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE, SPARE A THOUGHT FOR MY TRINKET

@momtochloeThank you for the prayers tonight and thoughts of a better tomorrow for Trinket. 

and I'm keeping Ariot in my thoughts tonight too.  that sleepy dog pic was so sweet!

Super Contributor

Candy Mine, I was just checking to see if you had an update,  I am so sorry for the diagnosis! Cancer is something we don't want to hear! Like others have said, miracles happen and there are always new treatments plans to help achieve remission.  I have been down your road! Continued prayers for you and Trinket.  One day at a time....

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine Just checking on Trinket and yourself, you remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Respected Contributor

@CareBearsThanks so much for checkig in!  She's feeling a little better today,so I'm feeling a little better too!  I' going to start an update thread so all will know.  Thank you again for looking in on us!

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine I just wanted to let you know we care about you and Trinket, the more prayers the better, and we are all in this together!  So glad to hear that the two of you are feeling better, continued prayers and thoughts!

Respected Contributor

@bichon momOh, dear. Did I not respond to you?  I'm so sorry i missed this post!  Thank you for taking the time to send your very kind and encouraging words my way.  They really do help to bolster the spirit.  Trinket has eaten a little more again this evening and has rediscovered her catnip pillow toy so she's a happy girl tonight.  Thank you again.

Respected Contributor

@candys mine, I'm so glad Trinket could eat a little more again tonight and noticed her catnip toy. Good news. I am praying for both of you. Please try to get some rest.

Valued Contributor

Dear candys mine,  I know what your going through, my fur baby was 16 when she just decided it was time for her to cross over the bridge, and be well and be pain free in heaven.  She too stopped eating, and I gave her anything and everything she wanted, but it just wasn't what she wanted.  She went through all the tests, MRI, etc, and was diagnosed with lung cancer.  I opted to start her on chemo, three times a week, and it extended her life almost a year, and then she gave up.  She looked in my eyes and said I am tired mom, please do something, so after watching her grow so tired, I brought her to my vet, and went through the emotional trauma of putting her out of her misery.  I know it was the right thing to do, although it was the hardest thing to do..... listen to her, she will tell you when.  I prayed for both of you.

Respected Contributor

@Silver LiningThank you for the prayers for My Trinket and me too.  I do try to sleep and I do get sleep but it's hard to not be watchful over her.  Time with her is precious.  It helps that she is not obviously in discomfort now.  When Trinket is at ease so am I.  

Respected Contributor

@QuinnPennyOh, Allure, I'm sending you a big sincere hug right now with tears in my eyes at your loss of your furbaby.  It is so very heartbreaking when they stop eating but look like they might try if only you could find the right food.  I tried anything and everything too.  the syringe feeding kept her going but it was no fun for either of us.   I'm glad for you that your fur friend had another whole year to be with you, and you are right, they do give you a look don't they.  I saw that look a few days ago when she started vomiting.  If the anti nausea meds hadn't worked I was ready to make the decision to end her misery and I know she was too.  But with the care of my Vet and their great staff and the absolute outpouring of prayers and well wishes from the wonderful posters on this board, Trinket Ate some I/D kibble on her own, seems comfortable and is engaging in stead of hiding underneath the couch, not just beside it but actually inside it.  If that's not a sign of "Leave me alone" I don't know what is.  I know the day is coming but it is not this day.  I hope you can smile at the memories of your precious furbaby but It's a smile throught  sad and loving tears for a long time.  Bless her and bless you too.