Esteemed Contributor

If anyone feels so inclined, please pray for Eddy.

We brought Eddy to Tufts ICU this afternoon.  They are not sure what is wrong right now.  We were there for about four hours this afternoon/evening.  The Doctor mentioned two possibilities for which one would be a 25% survival chance, the other, a 50% chance.  A third possibility the doctor is kinda ruling out.  And they will also be doing an ultrasound in case it's something else.  So, don't really know what the medical problem is.  But, Eddy has survived so much when rescued; and, I'm praying he's still got the 'fight' in him.  So it's up to Eddy and God's Will now.  I did say 'yes' to resuscitate if needed.

But, we could use all the special prayers for Eddy:  and, would be apprciated.

Just wanted to mention we had a hard time getting an ER to accept him because he's 12 or 13 years old and handicapped.  But his vet managed to get him into Tufts 'cause she's a graduate from there.  That really hurt me.  He's a very kind, people-loving boy.

TIA

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

If anyone feels so inclined, please pray for Eddy.

We brought Eddy to Tufts ICU this afternoon.  They are not sure what is wrong right now.  We were there for about four hours this afternoon/evening.  The Doctor mentioned two possibilities for which one would be a 25% survival chance, the other, a 50% chance.  A third possibility the doctor is kinda ruling out.  And they will also be doing an ultrasound in case it's something else.  So, don't really know what the medical problem is.  But, Eddy has survived so much when rescued; and, I'm praying he's still got the 'fight' in him.  So it's up to Eddy and God's Will now.  I did say 'yes' to resuscitate if needed.

But, we could use all the special prayers for Eddy:  and, would be apprciated.

Just wanted to mention we had a hard time getting an ER to accept him because he's 12 or 13 years old and handicapped.  But his vet managed to get him into Tufts 'cause she's a graduate from there.  That really hurt me.  He's a very kind, people-loving boy.

TIA

@eddyandme 

Praying for you and yours.  May whatever the outcome, you will be accepting of it with peace and grace, and knowing that many have been in very similar, but not same, situations and we all understand and hold your heart in ours.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme  Prayers for your Eddy.Heart

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme    I'm so sorry to hear Eddy is not doing well.  I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed hoping for a good outcome.  Its so hard to go through a serious illness with a family member, especially when they can't tell you what hurts or where.

What kind of dog is Eddy? I don't recall you ever saying.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624 .  Eddy is half American Staffordshire Terrier and half Cocker Spaniel.  And, he looks just like a Black Lab.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme   Prayer's for you and Eddy.  He is so lucky to have you and that you are taking such good care of him.

Trusted Contributor

Sending prayers for your precious Eddy and you.💕

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

Continued hugs & prayers for Eddy!

And a special hug for you also for the stress you are going through.

(((((Eddy & Eddy’s Mom)))))

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme - I will certainly pray for your sweet Eddy. for you, and for the veterinarians attending him. 

Take comfort that you have him at one of the best places you can. DH (a veterinarian) has said many times it's a very good school. 

You have opened your heart and your home to him. He's a lucky boy! 

Respected Contributor

You and Eddy have my prayers.

Survival odds are an important part of the equation, but only a part. Hope and love are fierce combatants and I can tell from your post you possess both.

Keep the faith and may you be given the strength to go forward, no matter the outcome.

Please let us know what happens...