Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Eddy's home!  We brought him home yesterday afternoon.

My 92yo neighbor had left a msg yesterday as she was concerned for Eddy.  When I told her Eddy's home, she proudly announced to me that it was her prayer that brought him home.  As we know it was all of your prayers, positive thoughts and good wishes that helped to bring Eddy home.  For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tufts said Eddy was not a "textbook case".  He has Addison's and cancer.  There's a tumor encroaching on a major blood vessel leading from his heart to his stomach.  Also, there's a mass on his spine, past from where his previous spine surgery was,  Tufts thinks, though not sure, that this is also a tumor.  This mass is what's preventing him from walking; perhaps if this is something other than a tumor it might go away and Eddy will be able to walk again (the odds are not in our favor).  Unfortunately surgery is not an option as quite possibly he could bleed out.

So right now the focus is keeping Eddy as comfortable as possible in the coming weeks.  If all goes well, I will have to contact them for Eddy's next DOCP injection in the coming month,  (I haven't yet asked what that is.)

Right now my beautiful boy is doing well, ruling the roost, and getting lots of love, hugs and kisses.Heart

Thank you everyone for your prayers, kindness and love.

@eddyandme,  DOCP is Desoxycorticosterone Pivalate used in the treatment of addison's.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the update. Happy he is homeand glad they were able to give his problems a name. Will continue to think of you. 

Regular Contributor

I love how everyone comes together here for our fur babies.  Wishing Eddy a welcome home, relax and treats galore. X

Honored Contributor

Cute Dog Giving Flower To a Cat Photograph by Good Focused | Pixels

Valued Contributor

I see you mentioned Tufts....I bring my animals there,,,many have gone to Rainbow Bridge there...I too have had a dog with Addisons;,another with Chron's and adenocarcinoma.,and that is my back kitty Marley with the kidney disease....I live north of Grafton....I cannot say enough about Tufts.....Many prayers for you and your sweet baby...Eddy..

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

Hugs & prayers for sweet Eddy!!!

And you too, I understand how hard this is emotionally.

Please continue with positive thoughts & prayers.

(((((Eddy & Eddy's Mom)))))

Trusted Contributor

So glad you get more time with your fur baby. Glad to hear he is home and happy.Heart