Esteemed Contributor

Eddy's home!  We brought him home yesterday afternoon.

My 92yo neighbor had left a msg yesterday as she was concerned for Eddy.  When I told her Eddy's home, she proudly announced to me that it was her prayer that brought him home.  As we know it was all of your prayers, positive thoughts and good wishes that helped to bring Eddy home.  For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tufts said Eddy was not a "textbook case".  He has Addison's and cancer.  There's a tumor encroaching on a major blood vessel leading from his heart to his stomach.  Also, there's a mass on his spine, past from where his previous spine surgery was,  Tufts thinks, though not sure, that this is also a tumor.  This mass is what's preventing him from walking; perhaps if this is something other than a tumor it might go away and Eddy will be able to walk again (the odds are not in our favor).  Unfortunately surgery is not an option as quite possibly he could bleed out.

So right now the focus is keeping Eddy as comfortable as possible in the coming weeks.  If all goes well, I will have to contact them for Eddy's next DOCP injection in the coming month,  (I haven't yet asked what that is.)

Right now my beautiful boy is doing well, ruling the roost, and getting lots of love, hugs and kisses.Heart

Thank you everyone for your prayers, kindness and love.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme  I'm so happy that Eddy is home. Home is always best. Thank you for the update. I'm still praying for your Eddy. Prayers are truly powerful.Heart

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme I will continue to send my thoughts, prayers to you and Eddy,   I have been where you are and understand the mixed emotions (worry, fear and joy) all gong on at once.  Eddy has you and you have him for some more  time.   Sometimes that's what we get: precious time instead of a cure.  We rejoice in both and give all the love and attention we can (and get it back many fold).  Keep us posted on your journey with Eddy.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  ((Hugs)) and prayers sent for your Eddy...that he is comfortable and happy 

Respected Contributor

Sending thoghts and prayers.  God bless.

Honored Contributor

Watercolor of a red rose and green leaves with Our thoughts and prayers are with you in a casual script.

Respected Contributor

God bless, love, and keep Eddy. 🙏

Respected Contributor

Awwww, poor guy.  Glad he's home, I'm sure he's so comfortable there with you.  Hope he's feeling as good as can be!!

Respected Contributor

I'm glad Eddie is home under your loving care.

You have been granted one of the greatest gifts - the gift of time. Together. None of us know our fate but I know you will treasure every moment.

Praying for both of you.

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme I have been thinking of you and checking daily for updates.  How is Tufts

treating the addisons?  I was very surprised that it was addisons as it usually shows up at about 5 - 6 years old.  I will keep the prayers going and you should enjoy every minute you have him.  What I wouldn't give for a few more minutes with my KC.  I am very happy he is home with you.