Valued Contributor

I just wanted to thank everyone for their words of wisdom--and for posting their stories about their beloved fur babies that have passed to the Rainbow Bridge--loved reading about them!!

It's been almost six weeks since my cherished Gracie passed on. Is it possible for me to miss her more than ever? My husband is doing much better in dealing with her loss---as for me, not so much. The evenings are the worst time for me---Gracie would put her head on my knee if I was more than five minutes late with her dinner---oh boy, do I miss that! It's a small thing, but Gracie made me laugh when she would do that--that little scamp could tell time with her belly! I miss not seeing her on her love seat resting while we watched TV--and her telling us it was time to go up to bed--she would stand in front of my husband and stare at him until he got up and agreed it was time to turn in--again, it was a little thing--but that was Gracie. I still feel for her warm body next to me in the middle of the night--so does my husband--she slept in between us over the last few years---I'm still a bit startled when I don't feel her there--and I wake up sad.

We agreed we need a dog in our lives--and will adopt another one from our local shelter eventually. My husband needs surgery and we cannot devote all of our time to a new dog until he is well----he feels terrible that we have to wait, but it's another rough patch we have to get through.

May God bless all who posted--and to all of the loved pets who have crossed the Bridge!!

Hugs from GraciesMommy!!

Super Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

What a sweet story @Sweet Caroline 1

Of course we will be reunited with our WHOLE family! That's what I believe. This is from a question and answer session with the late Reverend Billy Graham:

Q: "I suppose you've been asked this before, but will there be animals in heaven? My dog died a few months ago, and I miss him very, very much. After my husband died, I guess my dog became my best friend."

A: "Heaven will be a place of perfect happiness for us- and if we need animals around us to make our happiness complete, then you can be sure God will have them there!"

He also answered in a similar way another time: “God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there."

Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

Thank you for this. I have a 16& 1/2 year old dachsund with congestive heart and I know his days are getting very short. I can hardly bear to think of losing him, but, your story with Billy Graham's answers gives me comfort. 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Super Contributor

@moon_gazer

@beach-mom

yes Me too.... i have 2 recues dogs believed to be around 17 and a 21 yr old cat and 2 younger cats but cant bear the thoght of them going!!

the Billy Grahm answer gave me comfort also, never heard that before, so thanks beach-mom!

Super Contributor

@Gracies Mom

what a lucky doggie that will be who gets chosen by you in the future!!

i feel your pain with the warm body in the night, that will be one empty feeling one day.

not looking forward to it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

It is in my heart to share my mothers "special visit" with you.  Years ago mother had a little puppy that was given to her.  Half poodle and half shih tzu.  She named her Fergie after royalty because she was white with pale orange spots.  No doubt how much mother loved her.  When Fergie passed away, mother greived a very long time and couldn't let go.  She would talk about her all the time and stayed so sad.  Then one night, when mother was alone, sitting on her sofa, she had an inclination to look up.  Standing before her was an angel holding Fergie in his arms.  The angel was smiling at mother.  After that, mother was herself again.  I KNOW with all of my heart that our precious pets go to heaven and will be there to greet us when it is our time to join them.  With very much love, SC  

23380251_1834225720200950_1346416192049498965_n.jpg

Super Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

My dear sweet puppy mill rescued yorkie 17 yrs old has started peeing the bed in her sleep at night and her pet bed during day.

vet says her kidneys are in the beginning stages of deteriorating.

had several accidents this weekend. she is my whole heart and whole life, along with our rescued puppy mill Maltese (also 17)

oh dear, dark days ahead! hopefully way far ahead!! Woman Sad