Honored Contributor

Several years ago I lost my "soulmate" shepherd mix dog.  My heart was breaking.  A month later I had a dream where I saw him so happy standing with a cute black dog.  I had this dream 3 times.  I had been searching for a rescue dog online during this time and lost the page I was seeing online and a page with the sweetist black dog came up and the story caught my eye.  I just felt compelled to go back to that dog over and over and ended up adopting her even though I had to travel several states to get her.   

Honored Contributor

What a wonderful story.  I believe we'll see them again in heaven, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1Thank you for sharing that beautiful story.  I'm so very glad your Mother had that comforting healing vision.  I myself do believe that all Gods creatures have a place in Heaven. It just makes sense to me that God would gather his creations back to Himself. 

Reverand Graham always did have quite the way with words didn't he.

Contributor

image.jpegTwo years ago today we had to say goodbye to my heart dog Dolce.  Another golden lost to cancer.  A club I wish no one had to belong to.  I miss her every day but am grateful for the sweet memories.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1

Years ago when I was eight years old, I had a dream.  The man in this dream told me my fave aunt had just died.  Although I did not really know the concept of death, I realized I did not like this. To know avail, I tried to trade another aunt as I was looking forward to seeing this aunt. (Her husband was an umpire for the Western League, they had had two babes and were now able to come back home - to my house; so I really missed her.)  Shortly after we hung up and the man disappeared, the phone rang.  My mother answered - my aunt, only thirty years old, had died!  Almost thirty-one years later, I still remember that dream and what immediately transpired in minute detail.  I'm telling you this because I know there really is a Heaven.  As I've experienced life, I've sometimes tended to become a "doubting Thomas".  But, when in doubt, I always go back to that first dream.

I, too, have had various experiences, different from your mother's; and, different experiences.  I've lost my precious Jade, an English Lab who had bone cancer. the love of my life.  She has sent me signs, more often at first but still every now and again.  I believe when we're truly in need, our loved ones come to us in various ways.  And, because of Jade along with the first dream, I know our pets will meet us in Heaven, as love is in our souls so love never dies.

Respected Contributor

I believe that we will be with all of our pets into eternity. God created them perfect for a reason. 

Valued Contributor

I am the woman that five weeks ago lost Diesel cat suddenly from heart attack.  I am still struggling....a lot.  I just cannot get used to this house with our King not here.  .  I am m praying that God blesses him here with a very long life.  My Marley-cat is beginning to realize that he is the ONLY cat here now. He has not wanted to play, but we are playing with him as much as we can.````.  I am a bit "shell-shocked" by the event. 

Spoiler

I must move on...I know,

Valued Contributor

This subject came to me at the perfect time----I lost my Jack Russell mix, Gracie, 14 days ago-----a sudden spleen cancer took her within one day of diagnosis. I am sad and devastated--still in shock mode, I suppose. Can't shake the sadness--I'm cried dry. Gracie was almost 14 years old--had her since she was 12 weeks old. She was part of me--I feel as if I lost a limb.

Thank you for posting--all of you who have lost a beloved pet.I have hope that Gracie is in heaven, romping and playing--and out of pain. I know I will see her one day again. That gives me comfort.

God Bless,

GraciesMommy

Respected Contributor

@mariadomenicaI am so sorry you've lost your fur friend.  It takes time for the heart to heal. 

i have recently lost my Kitty girl who was the last one.  It is very quiet now.  I find myself looking for her in her favourite places and remembering to "watch my step" around bowls that are not there anymore.   I know it will take time.  It may help you to set up a little memorial of Diesel who you loved.  A place to reflect but Not to dwell.  and Keep engaging Marley.  even if you can't play with him you can talk to him while you're doing other things.  Let him know he is still cared about and tell him he will be okay even though Diesel is not with him anymore.  You cann comfort each other. 

Respected Contributor

@Sherbear1

beautiful redbones!

doxie