Honored Contributor

For all those who have lost a beloved pet, please read RAINBOW BRIDGE. It is very consoling. I've also sent it to friends who are suffering that loss. No one understands better than a pet lover that they are a member of our family. We feel the same loss and emptiness...sometimes more. Our dogs/cats are with us day and night, curled up w/ us while reading or in quiet moments, can sense when we don't feel well & jump to our side. They are sometimes bed mates, ride in the car while running errands and at the end of a long day, a good one or not, they greet us w/ a "smile" & unconditional love. Hate to admit this, but all of the above is more than I get from my husband and children. They have their own feelings and agenda. My dogs are only interested in loving and pleasing ME. That's why we miss their presence when taken from us....but we will be with them again. They are waiting for us on RAINBOW BRIDGE. 

Respected Contributor

il_fullxfull.55932938[1].jpg

Honored Contributor

I lost my beloved lab after 12 years of me being his human mommy.   He was an incredible companion.   He knew my moods.    He was loyal & loving.   And I don't try to explain to anyone why I grieve for him.

As much as I loved him, I don't think I loved him as much as he loved me but he didn't care.

My kids knew I loved him more than them sometimes & they knew why.

@Shanus wrote:

For all those who have lost a beloved pet, please read RAINBOW BRIDGE. It is very consoling. I've also sent it to friends who are suffering that loss. No one understands better than a pet lover that they are a member of our family. We feel the same loss and emptiness...sometimes more. Our dogs/cats are with us day and night, curled up w/ us while reading or in quiet moments, can sense when we don't feel well & jump to our side. They are sometimes bed mates, ride in the car while running errands and at the end of a long day, a good one or not, they greet us w/ a "smile" & unconditional love. Hate to admit this, but all of the above is more than I get from my husband and children. They have their own feelings and agenda. My dogs are only interested in loving and pleasing ME. That's why we miss their presence when taken from us....but we will be with them again. They are waiting for us on RAINBOW BRIDGE. 

Honored Contributor

@software  I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand what you are feeling. After I lost my beagle SOPHIE, I wore her name tag from her collar for awhile on a long chain inside my shirts. It helped me to get over the grief a little sooner knowing at least a part of her was still close to my heart. Happier days ahead to you.

Contributor
We lost our 9 1/2 year old golden in April to cancer and I am still struggling. We lost 2 Goldens before her and still have 2 goldens with us. I was saddened with the loss of our other 2 but this loss has touched me deeply. She was such a special girl. I have read and prayed for peace yet it evades me. It is made even harder due to the fact that I had the opportunity to get a golden puppy after Christmas from a wonderful breeder but due to recent health problems, had to pass. I have put Facebook on the back burner so I don't have to see all those cute puppy faces. So silly, I know, when people are truly suffering with more realistic problems. Just love my goldens to pieces🐾🐾
Honored Contributor

@goldenowner  My words of sympathy can't heal your grief...only time, but don't beat yourself up for being sensitive, loving and mourning the loss of a dear furry family member. Those qualities make you who you are & one day, when you're ready (no rush), a golden puppy will steal your heart...Not all your heart. I truly believe that every beagle I'v lost took a tiny piece of my heart to Rainbow Bridge. The great part is that dog lovers have gigantic hearts....enough to welcome many dogs, puppies and rescues into our hearts and homes. You will be ready one day. Take your time and grieve. Your "friend" earned that.