Esteemed Contributor

I remember reading on one of these posts that somebody recommended a 'credit line' insurance plan similar to that offered when dental costs are substantial.  When used, it's a charge account that you pay monthly like a credit card.  I can't recall the name.

Given up looking at insurance plans.  Quit Healthy Paws when monthly charge went up to apx $160/mo even though I had never submitted a claim in six years!  Every plan protects themselves with the "pre-existing" clause.  Before Eddy came to me he was paralyzed due to a severed spine.  Fortunately Second Chance NYC had their doctors reconnect his spine and after much therapy he could walk again.  Now that he'd older, he's having trouble ambulating and is taking pain meds.  So, I figure the "pre-existing" clause will always be the insurance company's goto.

Anyways, and recommendations would be appreciated:  I need a pre-existing medical line of credit plan or an insurance that won't use his spinal problem a cop-out.

TIA, me and Eddy!

Super Contributor

Was it Care Credit?

Super Contributor

Sounds like you're talking about Care Credit. Once you've got it ... you can use it for your or your pet's medical care. Depending on the amount spent, you can usually get 3 - 6 months 'no interest' if you pay the full amount in the alloted time. If you can't pay it off in the alloted time, you pay interest on it like a normal credit card.