Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee   Have you ever considered accupuncture or chiropractic for your dog?  I would give that a go before putting your dog on Rimidyl sp?.  I had a dog have a terrible reaction from that drug.  Do you know what is the cause  of what is going on with your dog?  

Just throwing out my 2 cents for what it is worth. Woman Wink

@tends2dogs 

My dog has arthritis in her shoulder and lower joints on the same front leg. My other two goldens were given Rimadyl towards the end of their lives so that helped them with the pain when they got arthritis and cancer. It's not a drug I would want to give a younger dog for very long. But my girl is going on past 14yo now and I just want her to be comfortable. I don't believe she has a lot of time left with me. I want to make the most of it.

When you speak with the vet you may want to ask about Gabapentin along with the rimadyl.  I have been using that combination for the last month or so and it have made her much more comfortable here at the end.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Thank you @CrazyDaisy . I'll ask about that, too.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee   Have you ever considered accupuncture or chiropractic for your dog?  I would give that a go before putting your dog on Rimidyl sp?.  I had a dog have a terrible reaction from that drug.  Do you know what is the cause  of what is going on with your dog?  

Just throwing out my 2 cents for what it is worth. Woman Wink

@tends2dogs 

My dog has arthritis in her shoulder and lower joints on the same front leg. My other two goldens were given Rimadyl towards the end of their lives so that helped them with the pain when they got arthritis and cancer. It's not a drug I would want to give a younger dog for very long. But my girl is going on past 14yo now and I just want her to be comfortable. I don't believe she has a lot of time left with me. I want to make the most of it.

When you speak with the vet you may want to ask about Gabapentin along with the rimadyl.  I have been using that combination for the last month or so and it have made her much more comfortable here at the end.

@SilleeMee  @CrazyDaisy   There was an article in Whole Dog Journal recently about that combination.  It said that many Vets were using this now and finding it very helpful for their patients.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau