Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Okay. I just thought my dog lady was concerned about your electric fence and didn't want to have her dogs around it...??

Honored Contributor

Re: PAGING SilleeMee

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Okay. I just thought my dog lady was concerned about your electric fence and didn't want to have her dogs around it...??

She was,  not crazy about it she said,any way i seriously doubt it will work out,  actually i am thinking i should had not even spoke about this.Sorry.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I wish I could help.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest 

I wish I could help.

Thank you,sorry it was so confussing, there was a few reasons it did not work out last time,covid, electric fence,   not shipping a pup, not sure i want to  try again.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   Have you ever considered accupuncture or chiropractic for your dog?  I would give that a go before putting your dog on Rimidyl sp?.  I had a dog have a terrible reaction from that drug.  Do you know what is the cause  of what is going on with your dog?  

Just throwing out my 2 cents for what it is worth. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee   Have you ever considered accupuncture or chiropractic for your dog?  I would give that a go before putting your dog on Rimidyl sp?.  I had a dog have a terrible reaction from that drug.  Do you know what is the cause  of what is going on with your dog?  

@tends2dogs 

My dog has arthritis in her shoulder and lower joints on the same front leg. My other two goldens were given Rimadyl towards the end of their lives so that helped them with the pain when they got arthritis and cancer. It's not a drug I would want to give a younger dog for very long. But my girl is going on past 14yo now and I just want her to be comfortable. I don't believe she has a lot of time left with me. I want to make the most of it.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried getting her into a water therapy place,for dogs?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Have you tried getting her into a water therapy place,for dogs?

@goldensrbest 

No I haven't.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs 

My dog has arthritis in her shoulder and lower joints on the same front leg. My other two goldens were given Rimadyl towards the end of their lives so that helped them with the pain when they got arthritis and cancer. It's not a drug I would want to give a younger dog for very long. But my girl is going on past 14yo now and I just want her to be comfortable. I don't believe she has a lot of time left with me. I want to make the most of it.

@SilleeMee  I am sorry to hear that about your dog, but what a wonder long life!....and not over yet!!  I completely understand and only suggested because I didn't realize the age of your dog.  I feel the same way about steroids and later years.  Whatever keeps them comfortable.  Afterall, who else do they have that they can trust and depend on?  I hope you can work out a good pain regimen.  Heart

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Thank you @tends2dogs 

I'm a foster mom for older goldens, usually 5 to 7yo, and I care for them until  the end. I've had three now and they come from a single line of long-living goldens. The girl I have now is the granddaughter of the first one I had.

In my city there is a limit of four adult dogs per household so I get to foster the older dogs as new pups arrive and grow up over at 'Camp Golden'. Woman Happy