Super Contributor
Hi goldenlocks! I haven't seen any recent posts about Jade. Hope she is doing well! It would have been great to meet at Tufts but I understand it would have been difficult for you. I did meet some of the nicest people there who will do anything for their furbabies! We all concluded that they are part of family and we all must be a little nuts . One guy said to me "I want you to meet my $12,000 cat! Anyway, Chloe finished radiation today and I am just so relieved. Over the weekend she was pretty lethargic and I wanted to discontinue. But they said what she was experiencing was normal and I needed to finish the treatment. She experienced red gums and sores in her mouth. I had to feed her cold cuts and melted ice cream. They gave her two additional meds and she rallied this week! So proud of my baby! We can't wait to stay home now and start making our new home our own! Need to unpack a lot more! Please give me an update on Jade! And Karnerblue, if you are out there I am thinking of Buddy too!
Esteemed Contributor

So Glad to hear about Chloe's recovery!!!!!  Been checking for an update:  too bad about her sore mouth, but glad that it's healing.  You are soooo fortunate - though this dreaded disease took a toll on you both, it bonded you together even more so (if we can love them anymore than we do - right!).  And, you can meet a lot of very nice people at Tufts; I think animal people are special anyways.

Jade's been doing really good.  But, last week she began to limp off and on.  So, I'm having the acupuncture doctor come weekly for awhile, until we get her back on track.  However, yesterday she didn't want to eat anything but her cookies and my potato chips!  So, today I'm stopping the cookies, except for the greenies.  Getting frustrated - think she doesn't like my cooking...  Anyways, made her a cheese omelet for breakfast and she wouldn't eat it.  Then got her to eat some mashed potatoes with meds mixed in.  Think she caught on, so had to stuff the remainder in her mouth.  Hated to do that, but taking her meds, as you know, is very important.  Will ask the doctor to put a needle in her nose when she comes this week to increase her appetite.  It's very hard to disguise the meds in her food (she can sniff out everything!).  How do you get Chloe to take her meds?  Need ideas!!!!!  been hiding them in black pepper cheese and Ragu sauce - but she caught on!  Gonna made a pot roast for her Sunday:  hoping can get enough flavors mixed in so that she won't sniff out the medicineWoman Wink

Anyways, thanks for letting me know about Chloe - and keep me updated on her progress - okay!  And, again, keep Jade in your prayers.  Thanks.