Respected Contributor

@CamilleP 

I'm going into JEALOUSY overload, dang it - I wish that was me!

Thank you for doing right by the most stylish of pooches!

Super Contributor

Mahalo everyone for your tips and also special thanks for sharing your own smelly dog tales, LOL!

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby  It was fun while it lasted, and also challenging at times, of course.  Finding a place to put down ten dog bowls at one time in one kitchen was not easy, for instance.  I miss all my Scotties very much, and of course my very first, Maggie, was extra-special, as your MacGregor was to you.  We must simply have faith that we will meet again someday, beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Respected Contributor

You are most welcome, @MrsSB , I hope I was helpful.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP 

I get it - sounds daunting.

Heaven - ❤️❤️❤️❤️  - I certainly hope so, I'd rather see my pets than any human that's passed on (well, cept for my Grandmothers that is!)

Respected Contributor

Oh no I'm so sorry. I catch mine rolling in the yard often and I can always tell when they're rolling in dead stuff. It's a different roll. I hope you get the smell out. 
One of my pups Lily has gas so bad she's a fenchie so it's not food related just breed related. I take them when I pickup groceries and it never fails she stinks up my Jeep. I'm always convinced the people think I did it. 

Respected Contributor

The very best way to de-skunk a dog (the Humane Society agrees) is this:

Mix 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, ¼ cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon dish-washing liquid. Apply this mixture in the same way you would a vinegar solution (vinegar diluted with water). The quantities listed should make enough deskunking solution for a medium-size dog (30 to 50 pounds), Rub it in good (wear gloves)and then rinse well and then shampoo and rinse well again. Discard any leftover solution and never make untill needed.

Always keep an un-opened bottle of Hydrogen peroxide just for this purpose (it has to be fresh) and keep the solution away from pets eyes. DH nick-named one of our Silkys " Mighty skunk hunter" (never caught one but still trying) so we are very experienced in de-skunking. This mixture is the only remedy that really WORKS!