Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our little girl is going in for surgery! Please keep us in your prayers!

So glad she turned the corner -- that first night after surgery is always the roughest.

I have to say:  she is a cutie!  I wish I could reach through the computer and pet her.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

images.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lovemyboots

I just came back and scrolled down and saw those stones.  Oh, my goodness!  Your little one is so lucky she's with you now.  Once the discomfort of surgery is over, you will see a lot of extra happiness!

I was also going to ask you to promise us no more Dawn dog baths, but I saw that your vet already told you that.  I think you're on the way now.  I see a lot of happy, bouncy dogs in your future!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Love, hugs, and continued prayers for lovemyboots and Maggie May.
Esteemed Contributor

Hoping Miss Maggie Mae is continuing to improve -- love, hugs and prayers still coming your way!

Valued Contributor

Update on Miss Maggie. She is doing good. Just hates having to stay in crate. We get her out abt every 2 hours & walk her around the yard, get her a good drink & have been letting her sit with us. That back fired tho this morning because I was taking her out & she ran & jumped on the couch & then back off in the floor!  I nearly died!  I thought well great all we need is for her to rip her stitches out!  I am on SS & just do not have the money for another surgery to fix tore out stitches!  So she is back having to spend time in the crate! Vet was very firm on her not jumping!  Hope she didn't tear them out! Have her on a leash now so we can hopefully control her a little more. She is suppose to stay quiet & still for a week to 10 days. So much for that!  But she seems to be feeling so much better. We have vet app. on Tuesday afternoon!  I know she will start wanting to run & play as she gets to feelong better!  I'm not sure how people keep dogs quiet after serious surgeries! 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Lovemyboots

Glad to hear she's coming along and feeling more energetic, even though it's too early for her to do whatever she thinks she ought to be able to do.

Years ago my first dog needed spinal surgery for a ruptured disk.  She was in a lot of pain, both as it happened and after the surgery, and she needed to be kept quiet for a few weeks after the surgery.

I don't know if you have any area in your home like this, but I was lucky enough to have a space in front of two closets that face each other with a walk space in between that I could close off from both sides.  One side has an actual door, and the other I closed off with a baby gate (doggy gate).  Her crate and all her dishes were at one side of the area and I had to carry her outside periodically and the rest of the time she was in the little closed-off area.  

Maybe that will give you some ideas.   If not, I'm sure some other posters will have ideas for you.

All the best to you and Miss Maggie.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.