Esteemed Contributor

Yes, thank you @Susan in California  We love our babies and it's so sad and hard when it's time to let them go. 

My worry is my Khloe right now, she's not eating and is just walking around the house looking for Oreo. She lays down but her little head just hangs. 

She has an appointment to the groomers on Monday, maybe being around other pups, she'll feel a little better.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, our whole family is sad @lynne6was7  but we also know it was time. Seeing his little face and he would look at me with those eyes. We had to do it. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is a beautiful visual @Still Raining 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our little Oreo

[ Edited ]

I just saw your post about Oreo.  I am so sorry for your loss, @qvcfreak .  Sixteen years is a wonderfully long life, but it is never long enough.  Take care knowing you did the right thing at the end.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @tends2dogs It’s sad but we remember his many antics. We miss him so but know he is in a better place with no pain 

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. At one time we had 5 chihuahuas. Last year our last one passed away. My oldest was 16 1/2 when she passed and it tore me up. I hope you can take comfort in the joy you had together. Huge hugs to you! 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Lali1 , Oreo was the last of our 3 chihuahuas. Leo lived to be 15, Shad-O was 3 months shy of turning 18 and Oreo had just turned 16. We spoil them and take extra special care of our pups, they live long happy lives. For that I am happy.  

Khloe our Silky Yorkie was a gift from our son. She’s so easy to care for I may get another one when I’m ready. Khloe is very sad and isn’t herself. She misses her buddy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Our little Oreo

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak 

You give little Oreo a good, happy, long life.  He knew he was loved, safe, and a very special boy.

They make a place in our hearts, they give us unconditional love, and joy, and share our lives.  When it comes time to help them across the bridge, the pain of loss is almost unbearable.  You gave Oreo the last, most painful, gift of love you could give him.  He knows you were there for him, always.

I hope that very soon the joy of your time together will

outweigh the pain of your loss.

Many of our sweet doggies, and kitties will be waiting at the bridge to welcome him.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your kind words @Drythe He was our special boy and he was loved.

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak 

I'm so sorry about your Sweet Oreo passing.  I'm glad you had many happy years to share.  He's in happy land at The Bridge & has been welcomed by all.  

Oreo's very happy to know your love & looks down at you each day with nothing but love in his eyes & heart for you.  Heart

Take care.