Honored Contributor

Re: Our Sweet Trixie Has Gone To The Bridge

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i got a boston from a shelter .  he had been overlooked because he looked like a pitbull and no one wanted him.  he was on deathrow when i got him.  he was my treasure.  i had to have him put to sleep because he got colon cancer        in aug of 2017 but i still miss him.  he was a joy.

i donot understand why people have to have a pet based on looks.  the humane society here had apoodle that was turned over to them because it did not match the color of their new rug.

@shortbreadlover 

I can't write what I really think

about those vile s**m morons who

turned in that innocent poodle and

what I pray happens to them because

Webbie won't post it!! Cat Mad Cat Mad

Also praying this sweet dog is now

in the truly loving forever home

it should have always been in.

Bless your beautiful heart for rescuing

your dog from death row and for seeing

his precious soul.I have friends who

have rescued pits and pit mixes.

These dogs are all very friendly and

have never expressed or shown aggressive

behavior...I feel totally safe around them.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@beastielove 

Your tribute is just so meaningful & beautiful.  I'm sure @SXMGirl feels very comforted reading this.

@ScenicMaine 

Thank you so much for your

kind and deeply apprecited

words.

(((((SCENICMAINE)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl  I'm so sorry for your loss! Sounds like Trixie was a lucky girl to have been rescued by you...and I'm sure she knew it, too. All of our pets who have gone before us were at the Bridge to welcome her, and show her the ropes. She'll have a blast while she waits for you to join her!

Oh, and that "looks" thing? My darling Poppy, who rules my house and is my "soul mate kitty", was one of the ugliest kittens I've ever seen! I'd gone to the foster home to look at another kitten, because our older cat badly needed a companion and only liked kittens. The original kitten didn't want anything to do with us, but the foster had several others. Poppy kind of looked like a weasel...her nose was too big for her face, as were her ears, and she was just scruffy and not at all attractive. But once I picked her up, we looked into each others' eyes...and I was lost, lol! She was mine, now and forever, and we've had 11 happy years (so far)! Now, she did grow up to be beautiful, but I'd never have believed it from what she looked like as a baby. So you never know...but think what I'd have missed if I had rejected her for her looks!

So bless you for taking in Trixie and loving her for the rest of her life!

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl 

How wonderful you found each other.  Trixie has just moved on to another life.  She will wait for you there.

Rest in peace beautiful Trixie.

Trusted Contributor

Let it be said: You are a good person. Trixie is in green pastures and alright.

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl 

I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like both of you were a gift for eachother. I am so glad that you both had each other. May you find peace in the knowledge of her being well now.

My DML (dwarf mountain lion) was abused and dumped. My neighbors vetted him and he was in attack mode as he destroyed their screen porch and chased the dogs and children. My dog at the time adopted him and he started staying at  my house. He is a black cat and we felt like he would be euthanized if he went to the shelter. So he became our DML. He has calmed down and is such a good cat now. I can not imagine giving him up.

I somehow think these animals know the good people and are grateful for them.

Be kind to yourself.

doxie

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.  My prayers are with you.