Esteemed Contributor

Our Sweet Trixie Has Gone To The Bridge

Our 17(ish) rescue, Trixie, joined my beautiful Darcy at the Bridge just after midnight.  She was diagnosed with kidney cancer a little over a month ago, which seemed to start as a cough.  We had her for 10 years, and it would be hard to find a sweeter cat that had spent the first third of her life on the streets.  We got her for free from the rescue because she was not a pretty cat and no one really wanted her.   Their loss.  It is now our loss.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Re: Our Sweet Trixie Has Gone To The Bridge

Please feel good that you gave her a wonderful home. Wishing you peace at this difficult time- Skye.

Trusted Contributor

Thoughts and prayers go out to sweet Trixie and her family.  Bless you for providing a good home and life for her.  **hugs**  Purr free at the Bridge Trixie.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i would say that preserving her life was a gain -  for her and for you.  she is always your special treasure whose presence and memory are  wrapped securely around your heart-- forever. rejoice in that gift as you weep tears of loss.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It was wonderful for both of you that you rescued her.  It's always so hard to lose our very special pets.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl wrote:

Our 17(ish) rescue, Trixie, joined my beautiful Darcy at the Bridge just after midnight.  She was diagnosed with kidney cancer a little over a month ago, which seemed to start as a cough.  We had her for 10 years, and it would be hard to find a sweeter cat that had spent the first third of her life on the streets.  We got her for free from the rescue because she was not a pretty cat and no one really wanted her.   Their loss.  It is now our loss.

@SXMGirl 

When I read that nobody wanted to adopt

Trixie because she wasn't a pretty cat I

literally started to cry.Anyone who bases

their adoption choice of an animal who

is in desperate need of an forever home

on it's looks instead of seeing it's beautiful

soul shouldn't have a pet at all.

My heart goes out to you on the

loss of your beloved girl and I can

relate to the pain and the heartache

that you're dealing with as I've been

down that same dark road many times

before and will be again at some

point as I'm Mommy to four kitties

...all rescues.

Even though Trixie's early life

was pure H*ll the rest of her

life was like Heaven on Earth

because you gave her the loving

forever home that she deserved

to have.

Please find solace and comfort in

the fact that Trixie always knew

how much you loved her,that she

is now at peace and is happily running

through the sunlit meadows of that

most blessed place on the other side

of The Bridge with Darcy and all of her

new friends.

(((((SXMGIRL & HER PRECIOUS TRIXIE)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl,

Thank you for providing Trixie such a good home.

https://img.etsystatic.com/il/3a3ecf/818142834/il_fullxfull.818142834_2u17.jpg?version=1

Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirlTrixie found her forever home with you that was filled with love and security, something she never would of had if not for the kindness you have in your heart.  As a animal lover and fellow pet rescue mom, I know the special love these recue animals give back to us.

Super Contributor

Sending hugs and condolences to you and your family, sxmgirl.  Your capacity to see the beauty in Trixie speaks volumes about the beauty in your heart.  So many cats out there in need of homes and you and Trixie were blessed to find each other.  Take good care of yourself!!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh I am so sorry for what you have to experience right now. Been there too many times myself, and know the pain it causes. 

Just know you made that baby's life so much better, and her life was so enriched (as was yours, I'm sure) by the love and kindness you bestowed upon her. 

Every time I have to deal with what you are, I say 'no more', but another (or another two or three) come my way and I begin the process again. The circle of love.

I hope your pain eases quickly and you have more fond memories soon, rather than the pain of the loss.