Respected Contributor

Re: Our Rainbow Bridge Furbabies are always near us

@denisemb wrote:

DH and I (both 65) have owned many cats and dogs throughout our lives; even discussed stories of some of our "favorites".

However, the two bengal cats we acquired were SO special that a day doesn't go by without one of us referencing at least one of them. (Millie passed away from kidney disease, Rocko from heart problems).

Since we can't play favorites, we're gonna have a whole herd of dogs and cats at the Rainbow Bridge...

cimg0152.jpg

Beautiful cats, just beautiful. Sorry for your loss.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor

Oh yes, our fur babies spirits are always with us!

I lost my Gracie this past March--to cancer. It came on suddenly(spleen rupture) and she was gone within a day--I am still stunned. But I know her spirit is with me because of the signs she sends me--for instance--when she was a puppy, Gracie would constantly bring me whole leaves as gifts--the day after she died, I found a whole perfect leaf close to where her doggy door was--and the next day I found another one! There was no way those leaves could've come into the house--my husband removed her doggy door the night she died. Those leaves were definitely from Gracie--to let me know she is OK.

Two weeks ago there appeared a mourning dove on our deck--it stayed on our deck for five days--just sitting and staring at us when we approached. At first I thought the bird was sick, but it wasn't--I started calling it Miss Grace--it came every morning and flew away every evening. It was not in distress--it would just sit and look at us! Made us feel comforted to think it might be our Gracie's spirit. After it flew away and never came back, my husband needed to consult with a doctor a few days later---after the consult as we exited the medical building, who was sitting on our car's roof staring at us but a mourning dove!! My husband took pix of it--didn't think anyone would believe us---was it Miss Grace? Why did the bird chose our car? There were hundreds of them in the parking lot. It would not fly off until my husband started the car--and only then did it fly away. In my heart, I was asking the bird if it was a sign that my hubby would be OK (he has to have major surgery in Sept)--I want to think it was a sign from my Gracie telling me all will be well.

Of course, it's possible that I'm believing what I want to believe--but that's all right. In my heart I feel it is my Gracie--she is all around us--giving comfort and love--as she did during her time with us. I still cry everyday--missing her so much---eventually we will give another shelter dog a home (once my hubby has recovered from his surgery)--but until then, it's tough facing the day without my angel. She took a piece of my heart with her when she passed to the Rainbow Bridge. Love you my forever Gracie!!!

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom 

I just want to say that was a very touching story.  Very much good luck to your husband with a good recovery.  God bless.