Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our Lilly is in kidney failure

@KCDiva 

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and Lilly's illness. It's overwhelming.

Try to think positive, though, especially when you visit Lilly at the vet and when you're near your granddaughter.  "Happy voices!" as my DH would encourage me when we had pets--and people--in our family failing.

We'll pray for your beloved Lilly and granddaughter that something can be done. We've had pets "crash" into kidney failure but also pull out of it successfully to the point that they need supportive treatment, but they have another lease on life, too.

((((((Lilly)))))

(((((Granddaughter)))))

and,

@KCDiva--feel our collective arms around you in a major hug!

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva I am so sorry that your family is having to deal with all the suffering it is experiencing.  The loss of your mom and pending loss of a pet... I lost my 16 year old baby, Toby Snow, on July 4th. It will truly weigh heavy on your heart and I will keep you in prayer for healing and comfort.  There are lots of good people here on the boards that will support you and be here for you, keep in touch.

Visitor

This comment really touched me because our beautiful Goldendoodle was diagnosed with lymphoma in May. Gabe is only 6 yrs. old so we decided to go through chemotherapy treatments. Miraculously, he is doing great....takes a treatment every Monday, but soon this may change to every 2 weeks, He has had no bad side effects, and even traveled  from Florida to NC on a road trip. The Oncologist approved & we gave Gabe an oral treatment while on vacation. This trip did him a world of good. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but he is in good spirits & seems to be happy. 

Don't give up hope & I am saying prayers for your precious baby. I tend to believe that prayer works. We love our dogs & they do become such an important part of our lives.

Trusted Contributor

@KCDiva I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.  Please dont lose hope with your precious furbaby.  My 14 year old poodle went into kidney failure and we were able to keep him alive and happy for two more years.  Lots of fluids and some meds and diet change might be able to keep your Lilly comfortable.  As my vet says lets reaccess one day at a time while we figure out how they will react to the changes.  take good care.

Trusted Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

We have a long haired chihuahua who is about 16 years old. She is in kidney failure now. She is love of my granddaughter's life. We all love her but she is definitely my granddaughter's love. She picked her out and named her Lilly when she was 7 years old and she will be 23 next week. My granddaughter suffers from anxiety and Lilly has been her everything. Lilly is going to stay at the vets for a few days to see if they can help help but obviously they may not be able to. I am in tears. Last week my mother passed away and we are still grieving that. I am just sick. Woman Sad

So very sorry to hear this.Our fur-kids are part of the family, when they are sick, it affects us just like any member of the family. My prayers are with you.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words. It's a difficult time but I know it will get better. You all have lifted my spirits today. Thank you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva 

Please keep us posted. How was the night with Lilly staying at the Vet's?

Thank you for all you have done for Lilly. But I am sure you feel that Lilly has repaid you too. Glad she made you and your Granddaughter's lives happier.

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@KCDiva 

Please keep us posted. How was the night with Lilly staying at the Vet's?

Thank you for all you have done for Lilly. But I am sure you feel that Lilly has repaid you too. Glad she made you and your Granddaughter's lives happier.

@drizzellla Yes she has given us more joy that I can tell. My daughter is taking her back to the vet each day to see if her BC numbers are going up. She said she acts fine. We're taking it day by day. They did take Lilly to the beach, which she loves, incase she doesn't get to go again. Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

43 Dog prayers ideas | prayers, dog prayers, sending prayers   @KCDiva 

I'm praying for Lilly, you and your family during this difficult time. I will have your DGD close in thought.

Please also accept my deep condolences on the loss of your DM.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras