Trusted Contributor

Our Lilly is in kidney failure... UPDATE

[ Edited ]

We have a long haired chihuahua who is about 16 years old. She is in kidney failure now. She is love of my granddaughter's life. We all love her but she is definitely my granddaughter's love. She picked her out and named her Lilly when she was 7 years old and she will be 23 next week. My granddaughter suffers from anxiety and Lilly has been her everything. Lilly is going to stay at the vets for a few days to see if they can help help but obviously they may not be able to. I am in tears. Last week my mother passed away and we are still grieving that. I am just sick. Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our Lilly is in kidney failure

@KCDiva   I am so sorry your family has such heavy hearts right now.  First let me say that I am sorry about the loss of your mother.  I have been through this with both my parents.  It gets easier, but part of your heart is missing forever. 

I am sorry about Lilly.  I pray that she doesn't suffer.  I have also been through pet loss.  Another hard life experience, but the joy they bring is worth every tear.  

Prayers to you and yours during this difficult time. Heart

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I am sorry about the loss of your mother and to hear about your Lilly girl.  Im sure your granddaughter is devastated.

I am sorry your family is having to go through this tough time.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@KCDiva   I'm so sorry your Lilly is not doing well. As a coincidence, 2 yrs. ago my Mom passed away the same week we had to put Sadie, my older beagle, down. I spent months crying over the loss of both. 

I hope Lilly will be OK, but at 16, so many things happen to our beloved pets. Prepare yourself, if ever possible. 

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry for the loss of your Mother.  A mother and child's love is very special:  a very hurtful heartache you're enduring.

Also so sorry for your furbaby's failing health.  Hopefully, the meds will help your precious Lily - prayers to St. Francis to heal your precious girl.

Sending loving hugs and prayers to you and your family, especially your granddaughter.

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva Your family is going through such a difficult time.  My condolences on the passing of your mother.  I hope that Lily can return home to her family, especially your granddaughter.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@KCDiva - I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time.  These things never get easier and there's little anyone can say to help.  Just know that many on these boards will be sending you and your granddaughter positive and healing thoughts and prayers.

Lilly will know she's been very well loved for all these years.  That's all any of us - human or animal - can ask.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Please know I am sending you heartfelt concern for the loss of your precious mother.  What a heartbreak it is, I do know.

Your memories and love for her will get you through, with the knowledge that someday you will be together again.

I am sorry for for the sad news about your beloved Lilly.  That is the hardest part of loving these sweeties so much.  I hope that Lilly can have more time, and I certainly can sympathize with your granddaughter’s love and attachment.  All my best to you, to her, and darling Lilly.

Honored Contributor

Sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Mom and Lilly's illness, my heart goes out to you.Heart

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

KC Diva, I am so sorry for you, your granddaughter, and your poor little pup. I am going through the same thing. With my beagle it's terminal cancer. I posted about it and have received such wonderful support. I want to pay it forward to you and your granddaughter. We love these dogs and they love us back unconditionally. The loss is so very painful.