Esteemed Contributor

Our Beautiful Darcy Has Crossed The Bridge

[ Edited ]

We are heartbroken.  We have had Darcy for 10 years and she probably was 7 or 8 when we got her.  Always a joy and never a problem.  Truly the best dog that I have ever had. Everyone loved her, including all of our other pets.  I know that she received a wonderful reception at the Bridge, but it is certainly going to be hard on the rest of us.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Our Beautiful Darcy Has Crossed The Bridge

@SXMGirl I'm so sorry.  I've lost several of my cats (and right after my husband died, I lost his favorite cat).  I know how painful it is to loose a family member like that.

I will pray that GOD will look over you and your family.  As for your Darcy, you know she's in dog Heaven.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

We are heartbroken.  We have had Darcy for 10 years and she probably was 7 or 8 when we got her.  Always a joy and never a problem.  Truly the best dog that I have ever had. Everyone loved her, including all of our other pets.  I know that she received a wonderful reception at the Bridge, but it is certainly going to be hard on the rest of us.

It's just not fair is it; our pets should live as long as we do?  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I've been there many times.  It never gets any easier.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl  I am so very sorry for your loss.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl, I am so sorry,what a wonderful ,kind person to fill Darcys life with love all those years.praying for your peace,it is very hard,it is the price we pay for those special loves..May you find comfort in knowing you changed a life, love to you,hugs,MaryAnne 

Trusted Contributor

Sincere condolences. Losing a precious pet is a deep hurt.  It will take a few weeks to adjust to life without Darcy, but I’m sure with support from friends, family, and Forum members, you will find acceptance and peace in your heart. All dogs go to heaven. Take comfort in the memories of good times with your wonderful Darcy. 

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.  Darcy will always be with you, watching, protecting, waiting 'til the day you can kiss each other and snuggle together again.Heart

Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl ~ I am so very sorry for your loss.  Darcy had a beautiful life because of you.  I know this doesn't make it any easier.  I speak from experience.

I have mentioned this before so please bear with me.  When we lost our beautiful girl Dresden in November 2016 I came here.  I received so many heartful, thoughtful responses.  This was such a comfort to me.  I would even get up in the middle of the night and come here to reread all of them. 

Please know that even though we have never met all of us are here for you.  You will be in our prayers.  Please take care.

Respected Contributor

My heartaches for your loss.  You were a good mama to keep her happy and loved for such a long life.  I have to believe they are waiting for us.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words.  I am sure that like @Julie928, I will be reading your messages for a long time.  Darcy was not the prettiest dog as she had lived a very hard life before coming to us; but, she had a beautiful soul.  There was not one person who met her who did not love her.  Now, I am starting to notify people, who are as heartbroken as I.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!