Respected Contributor

To all the wonderful pet owners.  DH and I moved about every 2 years during his service in the Army.  I looked for other pet owners in my new neighborhoods and connected with them first.  As a result I had some fantastic friends!!!  Good pet owners are the best people on earth IMO.  

An amazing woman who lived in our Sierra Vista AZ neighborhood (Winterhaven) only adopted old shelter dogs that no one else wanted and made their last years heaven!  She (Elisabeth) is one of my heros!

Blessings to you all and thank you so much for writing to me.  Enjoy your pets.

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Jackhound Mom  Ah, success!  She is adorable - peek a boo.

Your comment about hoping you are never too old to have a dog in your life.  DH and I got another puppy last summer after our Quincy passed with lymphoma. Thank God we are able to find love again.  He is our 6th dog over 35 years.  While I doubt we would ever get a puppy again, we feel the same about wanting and needing a dog in our lives.  We were exhausted the first months, but Willie has matured a bit and is a real joy.  BTW we are 64 and 72. 

Bless you and thank you for writing about Quincy!  Can you guys share pictures?  Thank you!  We are 63 & 62 but feel much older some days.

Respected Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Jackhound Mom  Ah, success!  She is adorable - peek a boo.

Your comment about hoping you are never too old to have a dog in your life.  DH and I got another puppy last summer after our Quincy passed with lymphoma. Thank God we are able to find love again.  He is our 6th dog over 35 years.  While I doubt we would ever get a puppy again, we feel the same about wanting and needing a dog in our lives.  We were exhausted the first months, but Willie has matured a bit and is a real joy.  BTW we are 64 and 72. 

Bless you and thank you for writing about Quincy!  Can you guys share pictures?  Thank you!  We are 63 & 62 but feel much older some days.

Sorry pal, I meant Willie Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Thank you!  I'm not sure how DH did it but we will share more later and would love to see everyone's pics.

Off to Davis M Air Force Base for groceries.  The weather here is beautiful around 80 and sunny.  Nor rain for 2+ months but there's a chance this week.

Scoother will hold the fort here and guard from her livingroon stool at the window.

Respected Contributor
Jackhound Mom, how lovely and comforting that you opened your heart and your home! I believe there is a special place in heaven for adopters and others who work tireless to take care of those who cannot take care of themselves. I wish others would emulate you. I wish you and your family a joyous holiday season.
Respected Contributor

Welcome DSDM!

Thank you for the kind post!  May I return your holiday wishes to you and your loved ones!!!  

There are some of the sweetest people in the country right here so enjoy yourself and happy posting.

Cathy

Respected Contributor

Forgive me for not answering in order.  Thank you Quality for your thoughtful post!   Do you have pets?  I am blown away by everyones great posts today.

We initially named our girl Brandie but she was so fast and when we couldn't catch her the nicname became Scooter. 

Without being too graphic she would initially fill up our ivory quilt every night from a productive cough.  Dr. Schlick and  Dr. Rainey did everything in their power to save her and they were the best. 

What we didn't know was that she was full of tapeworms.  Let me just say we found out the hard way.  Even with my year at the Humaine Society back home I had never seen anything like this.

I should have put "happy ending" on the post title. 

Thanks,

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

Thank you for adopting a dog most others would pass by or give up on. I thank you and she does, too.

I appreciate your post!!!  Do you have pets?  I bet so.  Hope to see you again.

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Jackhound Mom love the happy ending for your little girl.  One of our two dogs was also abused,after 6 years she's still a little distrustful of men. 

Hope you have many happy years ahead with your little buddy!

Hi Skylark,

I'm sorry your one girl is still shy of men!   Thank you and I wish you many happy years with your dogs also Heart

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Jackhound Mom  At first I was afraid to click on this post, but now I am so glad that I did.  Your family is extraordinary to take in and love this sweet girl.  

As far as posting pics, I don't know if I can guide you, but will try:

When you are posting in the box that you write in, at the top their is pic of a square with a mountain and a sun in it. Click on that.  It will go to screen that says browse.  Click on the browse.  That will take you to downloaded pics that you have in your computer.  Click on the pic you want to share.  Hit open at the bottom of the page.  It will take you back to the browse page while it loads it on.  Then you  have the Insert this photo option.  Click on that.  That is how I post a pic and I hope that helps.

Looking forward to seeing you pictures!

Thank you so much, I'm the world's worst with PC and following instructions.  Who is that little face I see on your nic pic?  It's so funny where we live there are a lot of dogs and we know their names but not always the owner's names.

I love your sig!  Hope to see you again soon.

Cathy