Trusted Contributor

Orlando Bloom expresses grief over death of his dog "Mighty"

I found this so touching.  Orlando Bloom is capable of great love as shown in his tribute to his dog who was was found dead after being missing for 7 days.

"In his tribute, Bloom opened up about his "soul connection" with his beloved pet, who made several appearances on the English screen star's social media.

"I feel so grateful to have learned from my little Mighty man that love is eternal and the true meaning of devotion. I feel sure he was looking down on me whistling in every back yard and knowing that I was doing all I possibly could to respect our bond," he said.

He continued: "He was more than a companion. It was a soul connection for sure. I'm sorry. I love you. Thank you. RIP my MIGHTY HEART my little fellow A ♠️'s ."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/orlando-bloom-confirms-death-of-missing-dog-mighty-as-he-reveals-t...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Orlando Bloom expresses grief over death of his dog "Mighty"

How does such a 'beloved pet' go missing?

i suppose it is possible that the dog was actually old and/or in poor health and instinctively left the home to die.

Honored Contributor

I am totally confused.

"we found his collar"

Orlando said the dog is dead.  Yet, he only found the dogs collar.  No body.  So how does he know he's dead?   Someone could have stolen the dog & removed the collar.  A coyote could have eaten him & spit out the collar. 

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I wonder if the dog was chipped?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Sometimes things happen. One of my inside-only cats got out once. Totally an accident.

As for being chipped, I'm under the impression the animal would need to be found first. 

I feel for his loss. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I am totally confused.

"we found his collar"

Orlando said the dog is dead.  Yet, he only found the dogs collar.  No body.  So how does he know he's dead?   Someone could have stolen the dog & removed the collar.  A coyote could have eaten him & spit out the collar. 

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I wonder if the dog was chipped?

I read that part a couple of times, too, and wondered the same thing.  I can only think that he didn't want to describe the dog's condition, probably unrecognizable without his collar for ID.  

He probably was just let out to run.  May have been a habit.  Some people do that. 

It is sad because some dogs just need to run, and you think it's safe and feel sorry for them.  I don't allow it with my chihuahua, but I know a lot of younger folks do until they find out the hard way.