Esteemed Contributor

Ordering pet food

[ Edited ]

I was hoping that Chewy and Walmart would catch up on stocking pet food, but many things are still out.  Walmart has lots of "in store pickup only" but, obviously, I am reluctant to travel there not knowing what's in stock.

The rescues I help are really depenent on donations, so I have been ordering when/where I can.

Tractor supply seems to be well stocked, and there is one close to me so that has been helpful for buying for the rescues.

I'm not complaining as I know those that stock and deliver are doing the best they can.  

It's just a reminder of all the things I never thought I would be worried about!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ordering pet food

[ Edited ]

My DS has been waiting for weeks for his Chewy order to arrive.  Normally, he orders on Friday and the box is here on Sunday.  It has taken at least two weeks to get notification of shipment.

In the meantime, we have a pet store nearby that he's using to supplement their food.  He has 2 pomeranians.  To date, no tracking info.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@pommom 

I have been ordering for my rescues from Petco and PetFlow.  This is not specialized food that I send.

While I certainly understand slower shipping from Chewy, many things seem never to restock.

Having a pet store near by is helpful.  I was surprised Tractor Supply had so much pet food...most of the cheaper brands.  But, the rescues will take whatever I can provide.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Bless you for taking these lovely creatures in and providing for them.  Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@pommom 

I've mentioned this before, but I previously had many cats and now, just one senior boy.

Emotionally, I cannot foster, so....I decided all the money I didn't spend on vet bills would go to help my local rescues.

As much as I would love to adopt, it is not in my future, mostly because it would upset my senior kitty.  

I'm thankful that I'm able to help, and it at least makes me feel like I'm doing something Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

I order from Amazon..........Caesar's, it's cheaper than Chewy, Walmart and I have free shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

@pommom 

I just realized the wording of my post made it sound like I was housing rescues.  I'm not.  I would love to be that noble, but would never be able to let them go.

But, I do financially support several local rescues.  They always need food and $$ for vet care.  It's something I can manage.

Just didn't want any misunderstandings about what I meant.

Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime 

I've ordered from Amazon on the past, but...most of the items I order for the rescue groups are priced better elsewhere.

In normal times, I'd just go into Walmart and pick it up.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

I order from Amazon..........Caesar's, it's cheaper than Chewy, Walmart and I have free shipping!

I've hadNo trouble getting my usual orders promptly from Amazon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

PetSuppliesPlus is pretty well stocked both online & in store.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif