Valued Contributor

Re: One of the Good Things to Come Out of the Pandemic....

@PamfromCT wrote:

Off topic, but I understand that air pollution levels are dramatically down over some cities, both here in LA and in China that I have seen.  Not many cars on the road or factories in operation.  

I live in a suburb in Kansas..the cars are few and far between! LOVE it!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@candys mine  Just yesterday, our vet (a friend) said how important it is to not be walking your dog each time you take a walk. Even if, in Molly's case, she's not a shelter find, but our pup for 7 years, I'm never home all day every day. She's become way too attached to me. I've what will  be Molly's reaction when everything goes back to normal and I resume my usual schedule. As a puppy, she had separation anxiety and is still taking meds to treat that behavior. 

@candys mine  It will  be well into next year before things " get back to Normal"....months and months. I would not worry about THAT PROBLEM. 

@SeaMaiden   I would think the longer we stay in, the worse this issue could become. It's best to think about it now and make a plan for your pet's sake.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Which problem? The abandonment of being foisted back onto the shelter or the percieved abandonment of being left behind in an empty house?

WHY WAIT when one can build a behavior over time instead of rushing it later?

@candys mine   Just what I said. Getting any pet used to a different schedule is better done gradually. We had no choice when, all of a sudden, they became our constant companions. I don't understand @SeaMaiden 's stance on this. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@candys mine wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Which problem? The abandonment of being foisted back onto the shelter or the percieved abandonment of being left behind in an empty house?

WHY WAIT when one can build a behavior over time instead of rushing it later?

@candys mine   Just what I said. Getting any pet used to a different schedule is better done gradually. We had no choice when, all of a sudden, they became our constant companions. I don't understand @SeaMaiden 's stance on this. 

@Shanus     I do not try to think it out too hard as far as my dogs schedule... I lost two dogs last year...

I go for walks, throw the ball... and just go with the flow.  I am not worried about the dogs schedule. changing ..... they live day to day and right now that is all we can do too.

This situation may be with us for well over a year or so... just enjoy your dog and  other pets each day... do not worry about tomorrow... as you never know what tomorrow will bring as far as time with our pets.