Esteemed Contributor

Oh Petunia, you can't be there.

Perunia likes to drape herself over things with both front paws dangling.  Backs of chairs, edge of steps, cat tower etc.

Today I looked over and she had gotten on the console table. There is a lamp, a small plant and DH's cremation urn.

Yep, she was draped over the urn, both front paws dangling over the side.  It's round, not a vase type. Luckily it weighs probably 20 lbs. and she can't knock it off.

Oy, that is an absolute no.  That cat!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Oh Petunia, you can't be there.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Petunia sounds like the Mayhem cat from the insurance company, lots of fun but a riot.  Have fun with your furball!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Petunia is so fun! However, if she gained a little weight and got up a head of steam, she very well could knock the urn over by jumping on it or jumping at it and that would be awful.

I love your Petunia stories!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Oh!  Better move your DH’s urn.  All I can think of the scene from Meet The Parents, involving a treasured urn and a kitty.  In the movie, it was funny, however...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I quite often used to pay my respects to the urn my momma kept .  We kitties know about these things.    HeartKitty The Heavenly Fuzz Heart

≈^••^≈

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Let's just say Petunia and I had a  little "chat".  As much as he would have loved her she can't drape herself on "Grandpa."

I thought at some time in the future I would be able to have things on my coffee table and end tables again, ha, don't think so. Now this table.

I should be grateful she hasn't managed to get on top of the entertainment center.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Seriously, the "chat" with Petunia will do no good if she decides to go running and jumping at the urn. I personally would put it out of harm's way. Little cats can do more damage than you think.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  I will have to find somewhere safe to put the urn.  Most likely in the bedroom because I keep that door closed.

She is such a little stinker.  Nothing is safe.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I hope the urn is sealed and isn't breakable.  I think it's a good idea to move it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

It's sealed and yes it's breakable. It's ivory colored and not sure of material. It looks and feels like porcelain.  I'm sure it's not though.

Whatever the material is it's very heavy. She just can't bump it and make it fall.

I'm still going to move it.