Valued Contributor

@CHATTY what is  a dog? curious my shihtzu doesnt hunt pull or provide.. he is a dog . please dont shame love of a pet .maybe shame neglect ..

Valued Contributor

@colliemom4. thank you my kind of girl..

Respected Contributor

Re: OUTFITS FOR PETS

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good heavens NO!   Dogs should be dogs.   Mine would be insulted and humiliated.   My one stipulation the last time I got a rescue....no "sissy" dogs of the type an old lady would have. 

I'm into rescue dogs -But I don't pick or choose the pup or the size based on my age. Who does?  Why do some of you think that everything you say has to be defined by the age of the person saying it, or choosing it or wearing it?  We just got up there before you - perhaps you'll get there too, and I hope by then you will be treated with more respect and less "cataloging" based on your age.

BTW,I have a Sheltie rescue. He's no "sissy old lady's dog". And if you were to make that remark in front of him, he'd take a hunk out of your leg. I'm 82, and I say, "Sic 'em".

And he has no wardrobe except a raincoat. Ever smelled a wet Sheltie???

Honored Contributor

Yep, my chihuahua has summer dresses, Halloween costumes, sweaters, knit hats and winter coats. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

No.  Pets were not meant to wear clothing.  They always look embarrased.  I feel bad for them.

My chihuahua loves getting dressed up. She runs over the second she sees me opening the drawer her clothes are kept in and she proudly runs around showing off her outfit. She'll wear her dresses all day if I let her and she never tries to get them off. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

IMG_1417.JPGThese are my sons dogs, Remi, Moose and Benelli in their winter jackets. 

Esteemed Contributor

And here's my Khloe in her sweater, she loves to wear her Tees and sweaters

IMG_1421.PNG

Respected Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

@CHATTY .  you are way off  base.. they are our little  fur babies  , they need care.. domesticated  animals need care. they were bread for companionship. as owners it is our  desire that they be well cared for. do you think tying them to a tree outside is humane? you have only as far as a shelter to see , yes they are our special gift...

@Keeper of the koi Wow.  There is a whole spectrum of care and love between tying them to a tree and dressing them up like children.  Your response is totally over-the-top and uncalled for.

I love all my pets (furkids) and treat them very well.  I do not dress them up.  I do have coats for the short hair kiddos, and boots that have come in handy on bitter cold snowy days when they had trouble with snow balling up in their pads.

I did have one big fellow who humored me at halloween and let me dress him up as Aragog, the spider from Harry Potter.  He loved greeting trick-or-treaters and they loved seeing him all dressed up.

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Thank you everyone for the compliments on Frankie and her fleece jacket.  I only have them for her because she doesn't have much of a coat and we walk every day.  It is very cold here in the winter.  In no way do I consider her a person or treat her as a child/person.  She is my dog, and I love her very much.  I don't feel that she is embarassed in her jackets.

@Nicknack  Okay,  I concede,  short haired dogs should have a jacket or sweater for warmth.   I sleep with a window open every night of the year.   Bedroom gets very cold but my dogs don't even want to be covered.   As soon as I try, they crawl out.  I had a mini poodle once who loved his sweater. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: OUTFITS FOR PETS

[ Edited ]
@Perkup wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good heavens NO!   Dogs should be dogs.   Mine would be insulted and humiliated.   My one stipulation the last time I got a rescue....no "sissy" dogs of the type an old lady would have. 

I'm into rescue dogs -But I don't pick or choose the pup or the size based on my age. Who does?  Why do some of you think that everything you say has to be defined by the age of the person saying it, or choosing it or wearing it?  We just got up there before you - perhaps you'll get there too, and I hope by then you will be treated with more respect and less "cataloging" based on your age.

BTW,I have a Sheltie rescue. He's no "sissy old lady's dog". And if you were to make that remark in front of him, he'd take a hunk out of your leg. I'm 82, and I say, "Sic 'em".

And he has no wardrobe except a raincoat. Ever smelled a wet Sheltie???

@Perkup Bravo!   I have a Sheltie rescue also..... and a collie rescue,  and an Aussie rescue and a mutt rescue.   I have smelled a wet sheltie,  very recently. 

image.jpeg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment