Honored Contributor

@NickNack   So cute!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ruthie-Roo  Sorry you don't have your fur babies with you, but sounds like they were cute & good company. Hope you can rescue another cat or dog.

Honored Contributor

I have rain coats and red sweaters for my two Goldens depending on the weather.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good heavens NO!   Dogs should be dogs.   Mine would be insulted and humiliated.   My one stipulation the last time I got a rescue....no "sissy" dogs of the type an old lady would have. 

@Kachina624  I get you. Dogs should be dogs.....but my Goldens  are treated as I would treat my children if I had any. They put up with getting their sweaters on or their rain coats.  I guess they put up with it....in fact they assist me in dressing them for the weather Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

Understanding what it means that your dog is a dog is our first priority as responsible dog owners.  But the saddest part of turning your dog into a person is that you inevitably lose sight of the dog.  He becomes a surrogate child or a surrogate friend or a surrogate lover instead of the wonderful dog he is.

@BLH You are so right. But I love my  two surrogate friends! They are still wonderful Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for the compliments on Frankie and her fleece jacket.  I only have them for her because she doesn't have much of a coat and we walk every day.  It is very cold here in the winter.  In no way do I consider her a person or treat her as a child/person.  She is my dog, and I love her very much.  I don't feel that she is embarassed in her jackets.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

While I do have a coat for my short hair dog, would not want to put any outfits on them.  Dogs communicate with each other using body language.  These outfits often hide or communicate the wrong message. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

@CHATTY .  you are way off  base.. they are our little  fur babies  , they need care.. domesticated  animals need care. they were bread for companionship. as owners it is our  desire that they be well cared for. do you think tying them to a tree outside is humane? you have only as far as a shelter to see , yes they are our special gift...

Valued Contributor

@CHATTY , done biting  my finger.. i would rather see a well loved dog than a dog unloved. the world is filled with abandoned animals , maybe choose the neglected ones...  so much neglect caused by just an animal

.. you peed , you barked... better to support animal lovers then cast your  vision. . no animal dies from being loved . seems right..

Honored Contributor

Etsy has the cutest pet outfits. My dogs have never liked clothes. They tear them off. You know those head cones dogs wear after surgery? My femal dog tore one of those off. I don't know how she did it. My daughter orders cute pet items from Etsy quite a bit.