Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

This is Frankie's Christmas tree fleece jacket.  I order her jackets from etsy.  They have sellers that make them specifically to your dog's measurements.  Frankie is a french bulldog, and you really can't find ready made clothing for their shape.  I have a couple of fleece jackets for her and am getting ready to order a wool one.

fullsizeoutput_5a.jpeg

@NickNack  Excellent photo.  Frankie is very photogenic and especially handsome in his Christmas jacket.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good heavens NO!   Dogs should be dogs.   Mine would be insulted and humiliated.   My one stipulation the last time I got a rescue....no "sissy" dogs of the type an old lady would have. 

@Kachina624  I get you. Dogs should be dogs.....but my Goldens  are treated as I would treat my children if I had any. They put up with getting their sweaters on or their rain coats.  I guess they put up with it....in fact they assist me in dressing them for the weather Smiley Happy

@SeaMaiden  Don't retrievers love water?  I doubt they need sweaters either unless you're in the Artic.   My dogs would be hot and would prefer to sleep outside when it's 20°.  Do yours pant when you walk them?   My dogs are outside right now and Alexa says it's 43°, and 8:43pm.  They have a dog door. 

Honored Contributor

≈^••^≈   Don't even THINK about it unless you wanna look like you've climbed a barbed wire fence.   ♥♥♥, Kitty

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

≈^••^≈   Don't even THINK about it unless you wanna look like you've climbed a barbed wire fence.   ♥♥♥, Kitty

Hi Kitty...

We totally agree with you 100 purr-cent! Cat LOL

Wishing you and Old Furless One a Meow-y Christmas! Heart

Hugz From Your Cuz

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

Cat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat Happy

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
@Perkup wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good heavens NO!   Dogs should be dogs.   Mine would be insulted and humiliated.   My one stipulation the last time I got a rescue....no "sissy" dogs of the type an old lady would have. 

I'm into rescue dogs -But I don't pick or choose the pup or the size based on my age. Who does?  Why do some of you think that everything you say has to be defined by the age of the person saying it, or choosing it or wearing it?  We just got up there before you - perhaps you'll get there too, and I hope by then you will be treated with more respect and less "cataloging" based on your age.

BTW,I have a Sheltie rescue. He's no "sissy old lady's dog". And if you were to make that remark in front of him, he'd take a hunk out of your leg. I'm 82, and I say, "Sic 'em".

And he has no wardrobe except a raincoat. Ever smelled a wet Sheltie???

@Perkup Bravo!   I have a Sheltie rescue also..... and a collie rescue,  and an Aussie rescue and a mutt rescue.   I have smelled a wet sheltie,  very recently. 

image.jpeg

What a beautiful Christmas face!  You sound like my kind of gal.  All those wonderful fuzzy friends.  I only have one, but he doesn't believe in siblings, so there's no way he's going to share his home. He came from a home where he and his sister lived. Apparently she got more of the love, and most of the food.   He sure gets plenty of both now.  He's just tuned 10 and I've had him for 7 1/2  years. He came with a broken leg and a frightened attitude - like someone might have delibrately injured him, but he's over that now and he has a lifestyle that makes up for all he went through before.  He's the man of the house. We wish a Merry Christmas to you and all your fortunate friends.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup   You and I would get along just fine.

Super Contributor

Shanus wrote:

@Ruthie-Roo  Sorry you don't have your fur babies with you, but sounds like they were cute & good company. Hope you can rescue another cat or dog.

@Shanus  :-)  Thank you so much.  Yes, my fur babies were indeed good company -- and cute.  I don't have human children (but I'm an aunt), and never pretended they were as such.  They were just beloved pets that enriched our lives, blessing us more than we ever thought possible.  Someday, when the time and budget are right again, you can be sure I'll be hitting the animal shelters and rescue groups to find another cat or dog.  Or several.  ;-)  

Honored Contributor

I do not believe in dressing up pets in clothes.  I am okay with a coat for outside in the rain or cold but different outfits for different holidays is ridiculous and I am sure the pets hate it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

CHATTY wrote:

Understanding what it means that your dog is a dog is our first priority as responsible dog owners.  But the saddest part of turning your dog into a person is that you inevitably lose sight of the dog.  He becomes a surrogate child or a surrogate friend or a surrogate lover instead of the wonderful dog he is.

@BLH  I respectfully disagree with you.  There are people of all ages and circumstances, especially elderly folks, who have pets -- or wish they could.  Some people live in homes or apartments that don't allow pets.  The companionship of animals does not replace all that of humans.  But humans are not always nearby, able to visit, relatives may have passed away, a person may not have children close-by, etc.  I'd like to think that most people are intelligent enough to know that cats, dogs, whatever, are not surrogates for human children, lovers, that we're never going to be able to turn pets into humans.  I don't have statistics or studies available to quote, but as far as I recall, it's been scientifically proven that aniimal companionship is wonderful for our physical and emotional well-being.  If pet owners decide to dress them up for practical or fun purposes, if they talk to them as one would human kids, bring them to stores or restaurants (as the local ordinances allow, that is), as long as the animals are not being abused, and are well-loved taken care of, what does it hurt?  I love humans.  I love animals.  I try to recognize and honor the benefits of both kinds of companionship, and enjoy them all.  

Have a very blessed day -- and Merry Christmas, Holiday, etc.  :-)

Occasional Contributor

I don't know who this other Chatty is but they are not me. I love dogs in clothes or not. If someone is using my name on here how do I fix that?