Trusted Contributor

OMG, I saw the most darling dog at Costco today

[ Edited ]

I was wandering the aisles and I overheard a couple kvelling about their mother dog and its little puppy. As politely as I could I asked, Do you have a dog?

Their chests swelled with pride and they said, We certainly DO!

I said, do you have a picture you could show me?

Their chests swelled even more with pride and they showed me a photograph of the most beautiful, long-haired ivory colored (mother) dog and her little baby standing right beside her.

They told me the puppy is just 5 weeks old and this was its first time outdoors. I oohed and aaahed all over it; the cutest puppy you ever saw! No wonder they're (including the mama dog) all so happy and proud!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: OMG, I saw the most darling dog at Costco today

Good for you!  Animal people are just like grandparents with new grandchildren.  They love to talk about their new arrivals and especially to people that “ooh”  and “ahh”!👍😄

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG, I saw the most darling dog at Costco today

That made their day, sharing that picture. What sweet dogs they must be.

I had a similar experience in a pet store where a number of dogs had been brought in by a rescue, for adoption.  Standing next to a lady, I asked her if she was adopting, and she said no, but her dog had just died.  She whipped out her phone and shared a picture with me.  I told her how sorry I was and whipped out my phone to show my pup.  It was a pleasant moment, sharing our affection for dogs.  I think it made her happy to show her dog.