Respected Contributor

My granddog, Jasper, picked my son.  He is a rescue dog and of course we think he's perfect!!  He's a mix of basenji and ???.  Basenjis don't bark, but Jasper barks just a little to warn us of strangers. 

focus.jpg

be a good listener.jpg

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

My granddog, Jasper, picked my son.  He is a rescue dog and of course we think he's perfect!!  He's a mix of basenji and ???.  Basenjis don't bark, but Jasper barks just a little to warn us of strangers. 

focus.jpg

be a good listener.jpg

Cute.  Almost looks like there is some Catahoula (sp?) Cattle Dog in there.

Respected Contributor

What is your favorite smaller dog breed and why?

I had a few large dogs in my life but found I prefer a dog I can pick up and hold and bathe easily and control.  A small dog just works better for me. I have had a lot of dogs because I cannot imagine life without one.  Now I think I prefer Pomeranians the most.  I have had three and they were all different but they were alll such happy dogs. They seem to smile all the time and make you laugh every day. I just lost my Tedi and he was my soulmate.  We had such a connection. I am so lost without him.  I have had other dogs that I love but they just don't have the personality of my Poms.  My husband has a pekapoo that has always been afraid of everything and is a loner.  I have not had every other breed so was curious.