Respected Contributor

@Lovemyboots wrote:

We have a little rescue dog that is very very picky about his food. Tried all the expensive ones & he would not touch any of it. Finally tried Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Natural Turkey & Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog. He loves it! Eats it right up. His hair is so soft & shiny, eyes are clear, & he stopped chewing his feet!  He seems to be doing just fine on it. I read on the dogfood advisor site & decided it was worth a try. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Now if it said China on the bag I would freak out!!

@Lovemyboots

My dog has been on this a year.  He's been doing great on it.  For the first two years of his life, he was on the premium foods like Taste of the Wild and Nulo.  He did well on each of those for a about a year, then he'd get a bout of diarrhea and not tolerate those foods again.

A friend suggested this Nutrish Zero Grain, and he's been doing well for a year plus!

Dogfood Advisor gives it a good rating, it's a product of the US, so to me it's all good.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

@Lovemyboots wrote:

We have a little rescue dog that is very very picky about his food. Tried all the expensive ones & he would not touch any of it. Finally tried Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Natural Turkey & Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog. He loves it! Eats it right up. His hair is so soft & shiny, eyes are clear, & he stopped chewing his feet!  He seems to be doing just fine on it. I read on the dogfood advisor site & decided it was worth a try. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Now if it said China on the bag I would freak out!!

@Lovemyboots

My dog has been on this a year.  He's been doing great on it.  For the first two years of his life, he was on the premium foods like Taste of the Wild and Nulo.  He did well on each of those for a about a year, then he'd get a bout of diarrhea and not tolerate those foods again.

A friend suggested this Nutrish Zero Grain, and he's been doing well for a year plus!

Dogfood Advisor gives it a good rating, it's a product of the US, so to me it's all good.

Marienkaefer2 - please read the labels. 

The Peak box (natural wet food for dogs) reads "Product of Thailand". The Nutrish tub(super premium wet food for dogs) reads "Product of Thailand".

I have each container in front of me. I would not write it was a product of Thailand if it wasn't. 

Valued Contributor

I am certainly not knocking Nutrish.  I gift that to my grandaughter every month, she has two huskies and can use the help for food for Akira and Red.  They love and thrive on it.  However, I have mini long-haired doxies, one with severe allergies and Orijen Tundra works for him.  If I run short, they all love grain-free Nutrish.  All in all, I feed Orijen Tundra and My grandaughter loves Nutrish for her Huskies

Valued Contributor

We found out Kai can't tolerate chicken so we do Orijen Tundra or Six Fishes.  Weird for a long-haired doxieIMG_0639 (1).JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla, I also have a picky eater and the main thing to remember is that he will not starve.  I have tried all types of dog food for Happy, along with cooking things that she liked yesterday but will not eat today.  He will eat when he gets hungry.  I do recommend picking up his bowl at a designated time every night.  That way, if he is really hungry by not eating dinner, he will eat at breakfast.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

I will not buy anything made in an Asian country as to food for myself or my pet.  There are no constraints or regulations as to the food.  

Honored Contributor

On Dog Food Advisor the regular Nutrish is only rated 2.5 stars out of 5.  The Nutrish Peak is rated 4.5 stars, and Nutrish Dish is 3.5 stars.  The Zero Grain is rated 4 stars.  I'm surprised there would be such a variance in ratings of the different foods.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau