Honored Contributor

Re: November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month -- think about it!

http://www.sugarthegoldenretriever.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/adoptaseniordog-682x1024.png

Honored Contributor

8DF6CE09-0E7C-4B54-A119-31D8FCDA6202.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@chlema

Welcome home to you and your new family member!  Love and best wishes to you both.

I have transported rescue dogs for @ 8 years now.  Almost always driving

in a North to South relay on Saturday. 

My run is up I - 85 from NC up in through VA. The dogs are such sweeties, and grateful for every pat, clean bed, or walk.

I haven’t had a beagle recently so I didn’t get to meet your new boy, but I know the people who helped him would be thrilled for his great fortune, grateful to you, and would love it if you can give him a kiss from them.  💋❤️

Happy trails to you both!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Drythe

May Ralfie feel the love in your hearts and home and know he is the gift you have been waiting for. 

Hugs, 

🦋

@butterfly123

Thank you for your insight and kindness.  You see that there is a hole in my heart.  It hurts so badly, as if the wind blows through it.

I promise he will be loved and cared for.  

And I hope you are correct.  I really hope so.

Thank you.  {{{Hug}}}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe.  I hope Ralphie fits in and becomes part of the family.  Give up updates on how he's doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Well I thought I adopted a senior pet, @Sammycat1, but recently found out not - he was half the age they estimated.  Anyways, I love him - he's staying!Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

I am glad you are giving him a chance.  I adopted a senior cat a couple years ago that was almost completely shut down from going back and forth.  After a few months of bad behavior...seems like she was testing us to see if we would keep her..we actullay had to wear heavy gloves just to pet her....Jordan became the sweetest, most loving kitty ever.  I hope everything works out for both.  She likes to hang out with us and loves being petted and hugged.  When I come home from work she meows very loudly out the open window just to greet me.  I am sooo lucky to have her and my other "unplaceable" kitties.  They just need a chance.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe I thank you for your transport efforts and all the wonderful people who take the time to do this.  Some years ago my niece founded a blind dog rescue and relies on the volunteers throughout the country to transport or foster resue dogs.  She bought Spencer to her home because, based on the description of his disabilities, thought that he maybe had a month or two of life left.  Based on that she wanted him to have a loving home for his last days.

Long story short, Spencer proved them wrong lol.  He's a sweet little guy and I have a suspician he will be with us for quite some time.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@Drythe I thank you for your transport efforts and all the wonderful people who take the time to do this.  Some years ago my niece founded a blind dog rescue and relies on the volunteers throughout the country to transport or foster resue dogs.  She bought Spencer to her home because, based on the description of his disabilities, thought that he maybe had a month or two of life left.  Based on that she wanted him to have a loving home for his last days.

Long story short, Spencer proved them wrong lol.  He's a sweet little guy and I have a suspician he will be with us for quite some time.

@chlema

Oh, I hope so too, you are both very fortunate.  Thank you for giving that sweet boy a loving home.  Much respect to your niece for what she does. Please give her my regards.

Honored Contributor

Looking back at having had three cats and seven dogs over many years, all were seniors but for one cat whom we adopted as a kitten.  (My latest adoptee dog's age is still to be determined, however, since the shelter thought she was nine but when I took her to my own vet, the vet thought she was maybe three or four -- but I'm still counting her at least as an adult!)

Anyone who adopts seniors knows that they bond with you in the same way a younger pet will.  I take any chance I get to help folks understand that fact.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.